CHAPTER 16

Shakatasur was flying across the skies of the entire kingdom, his sharp eyes keenly observing the signs of any child, who had been prophesied to be the kaal of Kamsa. Roaming around like that, he reached Gokul and couldn't help but notice that a great festival was being held.

He carefully etched closer, making sure no one noticed him. There he saw Yashoda cradling a child in her arms, while welcoming everyone and aiding their needs. Shakatasur's heart skipped a beat as he observed the child in Yashoda's arms. Could this be the one he had been searching for? The one destined to bring about Kamsa's downfall? Intrigued, he decided to stay hidden and continue observing.

As the festival continued, Shakatasur noticed that there was an air of joy and celebration surrounding the child. People were drawn to him, their eyes filled with adoration and love. It was clear that this child held a special place in everyone's hearts.

He thought, 'Yeh balak sabhi ko apne prati Aisa akarshit kar raha hai ki sab apni sudh si kho baithe hai. Ho na ho yeh awashya woh mayavi Vishnu hai.'

And that very moment, the lord's eyes fell over Shakatasur, startling him. The Asur felt chills down his spine due to the piercing gaze that seemed to penetrate his soul. Shakatasur had half expected the baby to cry, however the little lord smiled before shifting his gaze back to the villagers.

'Yadi yeh Putana jaisi Rakshasi ka vadh kar sakta hai, toh mujhe bal nahi chhal ka prayog karna hoga.' He thought.

He looked around the festivities, and then saw a cart, that was loaded with pitchers of milk, curd and butter. Using his special abilities, he entered it's wooden body, waiting patiently for the right moment.

As the festivities continued, he observed the people around him, their laughter and joy echoing through the air. The atmosphere was filled with merriment, oblivious to the lurking danger that threatened their lives. He felt a sense of responsibility weighing heavily upon him, knowing that he alone possessed the power to protect them.

Time seemed to stretch as he waited patiently for the opportune moment. His mind remained focused, analyzing every detail of his surroundings. He could feel his heart pounding in anticipation, ready to unleash his hidden powers when the time was right.

Yashoda glanced back at her son who was nestled peacefully in her arm, feeling extremely tired and sleepy, all of a sudden. He was holding up his small arm over his face, as if trying to shield himself from the scorching afternoon sun.

She glanced around the place, wondering where she could lay him down, so that she could keep an eye over him. Her eyes then fell over the very same cart, inside which Shakatasur was. Yashoda went towards it, cradling her son, quickly making him fall asleep. She placed a cloth underneath the cart and then placed her son over it, where he can sleep peacefully, away from the harsh sunlight.

With a gentle caress, Yashoda delicately arranged the plush fabric beneath his head, ensuring his utmost comfort. She stepped back momentarily, marveling at the serenity that enveloped her precious child as he peacefully slumbered, before resuming her duties as a gracious hostess.

Shakatasur peered down at the divine lord, his countenance adorned with a blissful smile. He resolved to bide his time, allowing the fervent crowd to gradually disperse, before making his move.

An hour or so went by, yet the crowd was still intact, not even one person seemed to be leaving. Shakatasur's patience began to wane as he observed the unwavering devotion of the crowd. How could they remain so captivated for such an extended period? His initial plan to strike when the fervor died down seemed futile now, and a sense of urgency started to creep into his thoughts.

Suddenly he was brought out of his thoughts, when he heard the little lord crying out of hunger, calling out to his mother however Yashoda was far away and couldn't hear his cries. Shakatasur found it rather amusing how the supposed ruler of the three worlds was reduced to a helpless infant, flailing his arms and kicking his feet in a futile attempt to satiate his hunger.

But in a twist of fate, just as the Asur was revelling in the 'misery' of the baby, he was caught off-guard as the tiny lord unleashed a powerful kick, toppling the cart in an instant. Before Shakatasur could comprehend what had happened, he found himself crushed beneath the weight of the cart and the burden of the heavy pots it carried. The very being who had sought to vanquish the lord was now vanquished himself, crushed under the unforgiving weight of his own malevolence.

The loud thud of the cart turning over and the pots breakinh startled everyone.

"Lalla !" The horrified Yashoda panicked as she rushed there and quickly picked her son up. She held him tightly in her arms, assessing any signs of injuries, relief flooding through her after making sure that he was unharmed.

The crowd burst into whispers.

"Yeh kaise ho sakta hai ?"

"Awashya iss Nandlal ka paer lag Gaya hoga aur yeh palat gaya."

"Kaisi baat karte ho ? Itna nanha sa balak yeh chhakda kaise paltega ?"

All the people gathered were confused, only Nand seemed to have an answer which he kept concealed from the rest, 'Yeh awashya Narayan ki leela hai.'

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Shakatasur bhi mara gaya ✨✨
*List mei se naam ko cross karing*