CHAPTER 36

The moon loomed low in the vast expanse of the sky, bestowing a gentle radiance upon the sacred land of Vrindavan. It had been a good few days since their arrival, and they had already found solace in this auspicious abode.

In their new home,  Yashoda sat on the edge of Krishna's bed, gently patting his head in an attempt to lull him to sleep. But Krishna, wide-eyed and full of energy, was not ready to drift off into dreamland just yet.

"Maiya, nidra nahi aa rahi." He said.

Yashoda tilted her head with a smile, "Hmm. Lori sunayu ? Ya koi kahani ?"

Krishna answered immediately, "Kahani !"

Yashoda fell into her thoughts, wondering which story she should tell him. And then after a moment or so, she smiled again knowing what story would be the perfect.

Looking at him, and caressing his locks she said, "Chalo aaj mai tumhe, Bhagwaan Ram Chandra ki kahani sunayu."

Krishna's eyes lit up with joy, "Ha ! Sunao na !"

Yashoda chuckled as she began telling him the story, "Treta Yug ki baat hai. Ayodhya ke Maharaj Dashrath ki 3 patniya thi, parantu koi bhi santaan nahi."

She recounted the epic tale of Ramayan, painting vivid images with her words as she spoke of the valiant prince Ram, his devoted wife Sita, his ardent and loyal brother Lakshman, the foremost of devotees Hanuman, the evil Ravan and his wicked sister Shurpnakha.

Yashoda wove the intricate details of the story, Krishna's eyes grew heavy with sleep and his breathing slowed. The soothing sound of Yashoda's voice and the captivating narrative of the ancient saga worked their magic, as he closed his eyes with a smile on his face.

Yashoda looked up at the ceiling as she narrated the sad events of the tale, "Aur fir Ravan ne Sita maiya ka balpoorvak haran kar liya."

Krishna's eyes shot open at that, wide with anger, as his mother recounted how Ravan killed Jatayu, and took Sita with him to Lanka as she screamed for help.

"Ram jab apni parnkutir mei aaye, toh Sita ko na dekh unhe bada dukh huya, bada shok huya." Yashoda told sadly while Krishna clenched his fists, his nails digging in his palms.

Yashoda narrated further, "Parantu fir unka shok, krodh mei parivarit ho gaya. Aur woh sher ke samaan gurrah kar bole-" "O LAKSHMAN !"

Yashoda was startled as Krishna stood up on the bed, and roared with great rage. She looked at him with wide eyes and confusion.

Krishna trembled with rage, "O LAKSHMAN ! KAHA HAI MERA DHANUSH !? KAHA HAI MERA BAAN ?! YADI SHIGREH MUJHE SITA NAHI MILI, TOH MAI ISS SANSAAR KA NAASH KARDUNGA ! O SAUMITRI ! MERA DHANUSH LAA !"

Yashoda was bewildered, she held his hands making him look at her, "Lalla ? Kya huya ?"

This caused him to snap back to reality, his lips parted a little as he realised that he fell into the mood of his previous avatar.

Smiling nervously he asked, "Aise hi bola tha na ? Shri Ram ne ?"

Yashoda looked at him a bit unconvinced, but suddenly her attention was diverted to a familiar sound of footsteps, mingled with something heavy being dragged behind.

"Bhaiya ! Yeh raha aapka dhanush baan !" Balram pantingly entered the room, dragging behind the heavy bow of Nand with one hand and carrying an arrow in his other hand.

Yashoda started at him, unable to think or understand anything, Balram looked at Krishna, who shook his head quickly and gestured him to cover up.

"Yeh kya Balram ?" Yashoda asked.

Balram looked back and forth between her and Krishna, before chuckling nervously, "Woh maiya.... Woh um.... Isne Lakshman Lakshman chillaya toh mai agaya."

Yashoda raised a brow, "Yadi yeh Ram toh tu Lakshman."

"Ha." Balram nodded with a grin, "Yeh Krishna toh mai Balram, yeh Vishnu toh mai Sheshnaag."

"Wah. Wah." Yashoda said, "Sabhi avtaaro ko mere hi ghar janm lena tha."

Krishna chuckled before cupping her face with his small hands, "Tera prem paane ke liye toh devta bhi aatur ho uthe hai, maiya. Iss liye."

Yashoda shook her head with a smile, overwhelmed by motherly love, before scooping both her sons in her arms, hugging them tightly.

"Aage ki kahani sunao na, maiya." Krishna said.

"Awashya." She said and made them both lie down next to each other, "Fir Lakshman aake Ram ko shaant karte hai, aur kehte hai ki unhe shigreh Sita ko dhundhna chahiye."

And as the night deepened, the tranquil melody of her voice lingered in the air, carrying the timeless tale of Ramayan into the hearts of all who listened.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

This story always overwhelms me because of how cute it is 😂

Like imagine 7 year old Krishna, getting angry like Shri Ram and demanding to see Sita maa 😂🙏