CHAPTER 49

The sun had started to set, casting a warm, golden glow over the dense forest. Krishna and Balram had been searching for their missing calves for what seemed like hours, but there was still no sign of them. Frustration was starting to set in as the brothers trudged through the thick undergrowth, calling out for their beloved animals.

The chirping of crickets and the rustling of leaves were the only sounds that filled the air. Balram stopped in his tracks, turning to Krishna with a furrowed brow.

"Kanha, mai uss oor jaa ke dekhta hu." Balram said pointing to the left, "Tum waha dekho." he gestured to the right.

Krishna nodded. Without another word, the two brothers parted ways, disappearing into the shadows of the forest. As Krishna walked deeper into the woods, the growing darkness seemed to envelop him, but he kept his faith and focus on finding their missing calves.

But no matter how hard he searched, there was no trace of them to be found. Krishna made his way back to the banks of the Yamuna river, hoping that perhaps the calves would return to their owners.

But to his surprise, his friends were nowhere to be found either. They could've have gone home without him, he knew that.

"Subala ? Sridama ? Madhumangal ?" He tried calling out their names.

Usually they would come running straight to him, but this time he didn't even get a response. This was weird. Something was off. He looked up in the sky, and with sudden realisation sighed.

"Oh Brahmadev." He shook his head.

He began to think about the next course of action, he was concerned that in the absence of calves the cows shall go restless and in the absence of their sons, their mothers will be worried beyond consolation.

Suddenly a smile appeared on his face, "Aapne toh mujhe pariksha ke naam par avsar de diya." He muttered.

Just to create pleasure both for Brahma and for the mothers of the calves and cowherd boys, Krishna, the creator of the entire cosmic manifestation, expanded himself as calves and boys.

He simultaneously expanded Himself into the exact number of missing cowherd boys and calves, with their exact bodily features, their particular types of hands, legs and other limbs, their sticks, bugles and flutes, their lunch bags, their particular types of dress and ornaments placed in various ways, their names, ages and forms, and their special activities and characteristics.

"Krishna, mujhe bacchde kahi nahi mile !" Balram said running towards him, but stopped in his tracks seeing all the calves present there.

Krishna smiled knowingly, and so were the cowherd boys and the calves, "Sab yahi hai Dau. Chaliye ab."

Balram stared at all of them, there was something different but he couldn't point it out.

"Chaliye na dau." Krishna said tugging unto his arms.

Madhumangal said, "Ha Dau, chaliye na. Humari maiya ne bhojan taiyaar kar diya hoga."

Bhadrasen remarked, "Ha ha. Jaldi chaliye. Anyatha Madhu bhook ke karan rone lagega." And earned a smack from Madhumangal.

Krishna had manifested himself as the cowherd boys and the calves so well, that even Balram couldn't tell.

"Accha... Chalo...." He muttered.

Thus they all went back to Braj. The mothers of the boys, upon hearing the sounds of the flute and the bugles played by their sons, immediately rose from their household tasks. But when their eyes fell upon their sons, they all stood frozen in tracks. There was a divine aura being exhibited by their children.

"Madhumangal, itna manmohak kaise lag raha hai ?" Sumukhi muttered.

Ambika said, "Mere Vijayaksh ka bhi tej badh sa gaya hai, aisa lag raha hai."

Mitradevi said, "Aaj hum sabhi ke putra, Krishna ke bhaati aakarshak lag rahe hai, kyu ?"

"Satyavachan." The Gopi mothers nodded.

When their children approached them, the mothers took their sons onto their laps, embracing them with both their arms and began to shower them with affectionate kisses. For some reason they all had been overwhelmed by love like never before.

When the calves reached the cowsheds the cows began to moo loudly. Even the animals were so overwhelmed by the divine play of the lord, that they began licking the calves' bodies again and again and profusely feeding them with their milk.

And thus Krishna in these different forms entered different cowsheds as the calves and then different homes as different boys. He enacted as them, enlivening all the mothers with transcendental pleasure.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Krishna fulfilling the wishes of all the mothers 😍🙏

Btw, you all shall get a double update today ✨