Chapter eight.

Kianna's Apartment 6:08pm

Kianna's Apartment
6:08pm.

─────────────
Kianna sat on the couch with her computer on her lap, making different wedding invitations for her sister to choose from. Desirae sat next to her looking at the guest list and there was a lot of people, Desi always wanted to have a big wedding and now her dream was finally coming true.

"Can you please stop moving?" April asked irritated, combing a small section of Kendrick's hair. "Can you stop combing so hard?" he winced as he felt again the comb in his hair. April sighed putting the comb on the couch with the other hair products, "let's go on a twenty minute break"

Kendrick quickly got up removing the towel from his shoulders, "Ouu finally my butt is starting to feel weird" he said, leaving to go to April's room and lay down for them twenty minutes. April joined the two girls on the couch watching them do wedding stuff, "I still can't believe you're getting married" Desirae looked up from the list in her hands and smiled at her friend. "It still feels unreal that I'm getting married soon" she said, looking at the engagement ring.

Helping Desirae planning her wedding that happens in a month, made Kianna question her love life. She didn't wanna start comparing her life to her siblings, but she wish had what Desirae and Ezra had. High school sweethearts now starting their life together, Kianna always got stuck with shitty relationships. From her father to a fucked up ex girlfriend AJ, they were together for a while. Freshman year to junior year of high school, that was the worst relationship she ever been in.

From arguing everyday to AJ cheating on her every week, It ruined Kianna's mental health. When her family found out the true relationship Kianna and AJ had, they wanted to murder the poor girl specifically Desirae. Going into her senior year Kianna cut all ties off with her ex girlfriend, she looked into therapy and started her journey from there. Later in the year Kianna never saw Aj again, no one knows what happened but rumors went around and her family packed up and left.

Kianna stared into space thinking, her eyes glued to the computer. Desirae snapped her fingers in front of her sister's face breaking her from a trance, "Keke you good?" She questioned concerning, April put her hand on her roommates shoulder for comfort. "Uh yeah just tired" Kianna lied, "well someone's calling your phone" April told her, handing her the pink iPhone. It was a call from Paige, even though Kianna completely moved on and healed from everything that happened, she didn't know if she could love another person right now.

Pushing the red button declining her call she sat her phone face down on the coffee table, "you should probably go take a nap Keke" Desiree suggested, Kianna took the computer off her lap and headed to her room without a saying a word.

"Is it just me or has she been acting weird since I got here?" Desirae questioned looking at April who was looking at the guest list, catching a familiar name. "You should probably not tell her you invited Paige just yet"

Before Desirae could respond, Kendrick woke up from his nap yawning walking into the living room. "I'm ready for my hair" he said, sitting in the chair. April got up from the couch, standing behind Kendrick continuing to twist his hair.

─────────────
Paige's apartment
6:40 pm

Paige looked at the message she sent an hour ago that was still on delivered, creating a bunch of excuses on why Kianna been distant lately she tried her best to shake off the feeling, Maybe she was overthinking.

Putting on her black UConn hoodie and grabbing her keys, she glanced at the Christmas card she made a few months ago that was suppose to be in Kianna's gift but never made it in after a quick decision.

She didn't know why she didn't tell Kianna the necklace was from her, but it was like the words chose to stay in her mouth. Paige was there when her old necklace broke she saw the face of sadness when Kianna looked at the broken gold in her hands, so when Christmas was coming up she talked to Desirae and the two duo visited Kianna's grandma. Watching the face of Kianna holding the new gold necklace, made her heart happy.

And she would never forget that night.

She headed down to the gym to distract her thoughts, but she couldn't help thinking how she was catching mad feelings for the girl who she couldn't just call her friend. She was more than that and Paige knew she would have to stay away from Kianna.

—the ending was completely rushed, but I had to get this chapter out today and I was in the mood for some sadness

—the ending was completely rushed, but I had to get this chapter out today and I was in the mood for some sadness. So my babies gonna be going through it for a few chapters🫠. Next chapter I'm thinking flashbacks so y'all can see more of Kianna's backstory. Desirae>>>

—I been thinking about starting a Kamorea (kk) story, but I don't know what I would write for her. So let me know yall thoughts and would y'all read???

—school has been personally kicking my ass and i'm tryna mentally prepare for the rest of this semester, because in a few months im finna be a senior🙂🥲.

Xoxo, byeeee lovelies