Chapter ten.

Paige's Apartment 7:45 pm

Paige's Apartment
7:45 pm

It's been one week since Paige and Kianna talked. No phone calls, no text messages, just long eye contacts whenever they seen each other across campus. Paige didn't expect to catch feelings for Kianna, she knew they both didn't want anything serious focusing on their own lives and just having meaningless hookups..if you could even call it that anymore.

Tonight UConn women's basketball team hosted a small early valentines party only inviting their friends. Paige stood in the kitchen with KK and Aubrey eating all the chocolate strawberries, "these are so good" kk smiled putting the whole strawberry in her mouth, but taking off the stem.

"Right, finna have Aaliyah make some more" Aubrey said finishing her fruit dessert, Paige continued eating her fourth strawberry. "Making my toes curl" the trio laughed, hearing a knock on the front door. "Get the door" Azzi yelled from the couch, playing uno with Kendrick, Valerie, and Qadence. Paige looked at Aubrey who was already looking at her, both nodding their heads before putting their index finger on their nose.

"Not it" they said sync leaving kk the only one with her finger not on her nose, "unt unt y'all cheated"

"No rules are rules and you lose, so you can go get the door" Aubrey said, sitting on the countertop. "See one day y'all goin stop playin with me" kk said walking to the door, Paige and Aubrey dabbed each other up.

Kk opened the door seeing Kianna and April holding two different trays of cupcakes. Vanilla and chocolate both with pink icing and red heart sprinkles. "See here's the people that appreciates me the most" KK yelled out the last part, welcoming them in. Paige smiled dropped a little seeing Kianna, the two once again made eye contact. Few seconds later Paige broke it leaning against the counter and continued her conversation with Aubrey who seen the tension, but didn't say anything.

After a few minutes of Kianna and April being here, they joined in on playing uno. Even though Kianna was enjoying herself hearing and seeing Kendrick stressed about the game and yelling every time he had to draw four, she kept feeling this weird awkward tension in her and it was like she was the only that noticed it. She felt bad for avoiding Paige, but she didn't know what to do with her feelings.

She always questioned herself on how was she supposed to communicate her feelings for someone that probably just looked at her like a fuck buddy, what happens if Paige didn't feel the same for her she would feel completely stupid.

"Y'all two are incredibly stupid" Aubrey said, eating another strawberry witnessing Paige staring at Kianna who was laughing with kk.

Paige looked at her teammate with a confused expression, "what do you mean?"

"I mean you're staring at Keke like she the only girl here which is hard because Kendrick loud ass" Aubrey laughed, slowly getting off the counter trying not to hurt herself and she grabbed her crunches.