Chapter nine.

Flashback Beginning of the school year, 2023

Flashback
Beginning of the school year, 2023

Kianna was dressed in her navy blue cheerleader outfit, her wavy ginger hair laid on her shoulders. Standing on the sidelines of the court, shaking her white pom poms cheering on the UConn women's basketball team. Tonight was the first game of the season, other than football Kianna loved basketball games. "LET'S GO UCONN" the crowd cheered and clapped in sync, fans holding their signs for their favorite player.

Looking at the shot clock, UConn was winning against Dayton,After saying their favorite chant, Kianna stood watching the game. Her eyes focusing on the orange ball that was being tossed around the court and it being passed to the very well known blonde whose jersey was numbered five, Paige Bueckers.

Paige and Kianna met their freshman year after being partners in human development and family science class for a certain project, the two grown to be friends.

Paige passed the ball to Aaliyah Edwards, who tossed the ball in the basket giving them a point. Everyone cheering as the game continued to go on until the final game, UConn ended up winning with one hundred and two points. April and Kianna doing their handshake happy they won the first game of the season.

After changing into her more comfortable attire, Kianna walked out the girls locker room with her pink duffle bag strap on her shoulder, hearing her name called from behind her. She turned around seeing a curly head, another friend from the team she became friends with. Azzi fudd

"Congrats Az" Kianna said, giving her a hug. Azzi returned the hug, "I just wanted to tell you that we're celebrating tonight and was wondering if you wanted to come" Azzi said, now walking with Kianna to her car. "Damn after that long game y'all still making time to party" Kianna laughed, unlocking her car and opening her passenger seat she put her bag in that seat. "Well duh it's called a celebration and we're throwing the party for Paige since it's her first night back from the injury" Azzi told her, opening the drivers seat for Kianna.

Kianna gave it a thought, she didn't have anything else to do tonight but binge watch movies with her roommate April. "Ok I guess I'll be there" Kianna smiled at the curly head, "you better and plus April said if you didn't she'll drag you out of bed"

Kianna got in the drivers seat, before Azzi closed the door "also don't be late"

"Can't make no promises" Kianna joked, Azzi playfully rolled her eyes closing the car door. Both waving bye and soon Kianna drove back to her apartment.

   ─────────────
Kianna walked through the door hearing the loud music play through the speakers as the DJ was playing the songs, Blow the whistle blasted.

House filled with students that went to UConn drinking, dancing, some even shaking their ass. Kianna fixed her short black leather skirt that was rising up a little while she was walking, finding her friends that was playing beer pong in the backyard. April smiled immediately hugging her friend, "you made it" she slurred holding her red cup that was filled with alcohol.

"Girl how much have you had?" Kianna asked, putting her arm around April's waist holding her so she can balance standing. "Um..this many" she holds ten fingers smiling, hearing the song change the familiar deep voice blasting on the speakers pop out by big boogie, April grabbed Azzi's hand dragging her to the dance floor.

Paige put her arm around Kianna's shoulder holding her close, "want a drink?" She asked. Kianna nodded her head, the two girls went to the kitchen, looking at the different options alcohol bottles on the counter. She picked up the Vedka strawberry lemonade bottle filling her red cup.

After many drinks Paige and Kianna had, the two were a laughing mess sitting by the pool. "I am fully convinced you never graduated kindergarten" Paige said, putting her head on Kianna's shoulder while Kianna stared at the night that was filled with stars. "I did graduate, I have that paper thingy to prove it"

"Paper thingy you mean the fake diploma they print out?" Paige asked, picking her head up. Kianna made eye contact, nodding her head yes. "Yeah they said I was the fastest runner" Kianna said, flipping her ginger head. "Only because a bee was flying around you"

Kianna put her finger to Paige's lips shushing her, "shh don't be a hater, I should've been a track star"

Paige opened her mouth about to bite Kianna's finger but she removed it fast holding her finger, "you were about to bite me" she said shockingly, Paige gasped "no I did not"

"Im sleepy" Kianna randomly said, Paige grabbed her hand both getting up very slowly trying not the fall over. Both girls walking into the house while people were still partying, walking up the stairs whoever lived in this house had a lot of family photos leaving Paige and Kianna recreating them for a second.

Finding a guest room that was clean, Kianna jumped on the bed lying down. "So comfortable" she muttered, Paige laid next to her staring at the ceiling. "Let me sit this ass on you" Kianna closed her eyes, singing horribly. Paige looked concerned at her friend, "you can't sing for shit"

Kianna hit her shoulder, "rude"

"I'm sorry" Paige said, getting closer to Kianna cuddling her. Her arms were around Kianna's waist, laying her head on her chest hearing her heartbeat. Kianna played in the blonde hair enjoying the moment, it was quiet in the dark room the moonlight being the only light and hearing the music from downstairs.

Paige looked into Kianna's brown eyes, their faces were inches away from each other. Feeling each others breath, the new feeling entering their bodies the second they glance at each others lips. "Can I kiss you?" Paige whispered, bringing her hand to Kianna's cheek. "Yes"

Paige connected her lips with Kianna, their lips moving in sync. Her tongue sliding into her mouth, before things could further Kianna broke the kiss giving them a chance to cover their breaths. "Are you sure about this?" Kianna asked, at the moment Paige craved her lips and secretly something more. "I'm so sure" connecting their lips, Kianna flipped so she's on top her lips traveling down to her neck. Earning soft moans from Paige, waking up tomorrow morning they didn't know if they were going to regret or change things in their friendship, but it's been so long that they forgot what it's like to want someone.

—hope y'all enjoyed the flashback😁

—hope y'all enjoyed the flashback😁. Comment & vote.