Chapter twelve.

Senior night, 3rd person★   ─────────────

─────────────

As the senior night festivities unfolded, the gym buzzed with excitement. Among the crowd, a young cheerleader Kianna west-Brooks was filled with heart pounding anticipation. Tonight was the night of celebrating and honoring their journey and their commitment.

Aubrey Griffin, Aaliyah Edward's, Nika muhl, and lastly Paige Bueckers.

The basketball season was slowly coming to an end in a few months and leading with graduation, it was an emotional night for Kianna. Lately there's been a lot of guesses if Paige was deciding to leave or stay for one more year and by now Paige made her decision, but she didn't want to tell anyone till it was senior night.

Kianna caught sight of Paige, the star basketball player. Their eyes locked, and a spark ignited between them. Kianna would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous to find out if Paige was staying or graduating, but no matter her decision Kianna promised to support her choice.

─────────────
the game was soon over leaving UConn winning, mixture of cheers and celebrations, Kianna found herself face to face with Paige hugging her. "You were amazing out there" she said, kissing her on the cheek.

Even though the two had agreed to take things slow and keep their relationship private, it was hard to control theirselves around each other in public.

"Thank you" she responded, a blush creeping up on her cheeks. Seeing nobody was paying attention to the two, it gave Paige an idea that right now was the right time to tell her before telling the whole world. "Can we talk real quick?" Paige asked, locking her fingers with Kianna which caught her a little surprised.

"Aren't you about to leave again though?" Kianna asked, rubbing her thumb against Paige hand.

"Yeah but I really gotta tell you something and I want you to be the first to know" Paige said, pulling her into the hallway where it was cleared.

Kianna stayed silent waiting to hear what Paige had to tell her, keeping her eye contact with the blonde. Paige took a deep breath before talking.

"I've made my decision, I'm staying another year at UConn. Reflecting on my four years here, I'm not ready to leave just yet" she told Kianna who's eyes widened, even though she had her suspicions that Paige would stay, she didn't know what Paige would decide.

Kianna mouth curved into a smile, attacking the girl into a hug. "Yayyy my girl is staying" she yelled, Paige wrapped her arms around the Kianna's waist. Paige heart skipped a beat hearing Kianna call her 'my girl' . She knew in this moment that their connection was something special, something worth holding onto.

After a short moment of conversation, the two went back into the main gym preparing for the emotional speeches ahead.

─────────────
After the long night everyone has had, senior night was again a success. Tonight was one of the most memorable nights Kianna has had, hearing her friends talk and start crying made tears come out of her eyes. To everyone's surprise (and some not surprised) Aubrey griffin and Paige Bueckers has also chosen to stay another year at UConn.

As the excitement of senior night began to wind down, Paige and Kianna found themselves in the comfort of Kianna's room, nestled together on the bed. Paige lay between Kianna's legs, resting on her stomach as they watched reruns of "That's So Raven" on TV.

Kianna ran her fingers through Paige's hair, a small smile was plastered on her face as she watched the girl slowly fall asleep. "I'm so proud of you, love" she quietly whispered, her voice filled with affection. The warm glow of the tv screen, Kianna was met with the sound of snores leaving Paige's mouth.

—a cute little chapter, before I start writing drama👀

—a cute little chapter, before I start writing drama👀. I'm playinnnn, maybe.

—last night made me emotional watching their senior night, like omg🥹

—comment & vote🎀