Chapter 3: Goodbye

Hi, so another shortish chapter; I'll probably be publishing again some time this week to make up for it. Hope you enjoy and remember to leave love! -Emmi

----------------------------------------------------

This time Nico was prepared, and he didn't stumble when he finally reached the beach.

Will was pacing up and down in great agitation, wringing his hands while he waited for his boyfriend to appear again, and when he saw Nico pop out of the shadows he fairly flung himself onto the younger boy, smushing him in a bear-hug. It was only a second, however, before he pushed him away at an arm's length and started firing off rapid-fire questions.

"Are you hurt? Was that your dad? What did he say? Do you have to leave? Will it be dangerous? I'm coming with you! Are you okay-"

"Will," Nico calmed his agitated boyfriend with a grin. "If you keep asking me questions then I'll never have the chance to answer them."

The other boy groaned, but held himself back from asking any more questions while the son of Hades explained.

"As for your first question I'm fine." and at Will's protest he added, "really," The son of Apollo grudgingly accepted it, but he made sure Nico knew he was not happy with it.

After Nico had explained everything to his boyfriend they both sat in silence for a minute or ten.

"This is so confusing."

"I know."

"So what is this girl's name?"

Nico didn't speak for a second, then hit his face repeatedly against his boyfriend's chest.

"Stupid.

Stupid.

Stupid."

***

The following day was spent with great gusto and also sadness as it was Nico's last full day at camp for what they could only guess would be months. Nico spent the first half of the day packing, and generally wallowing in self-pity until Percy crashed into the Hades cabin and dragged him out, demanding hang-out time before he left. Thus the rest of his day was spent- to his grudging consent, and secret delight- with all his friends.

His last night was dedicated to a long and rowdy camp-fire which was obligatory attendance, and then a long moonlit walk with Will, and when the next day dawned, Nico was deathly tired, but happy.

In order not to arrive in the graceful style of passing out for two days, Hades was shadow-traveling Nico to Hogwarts. He said his final goodbyes, and vanished into the darkness.