Chapter 9: IM

Hi!! I am on the MaLdIvEs!! XD not that you wanted to know anyway. Here's the next part, it's not very long but I promise I'll make up for it, please enjoy!! -Emmi

-------------------------------------

The shower spluttered a few times, and then grudgingly agreed to let out a long stream of water, Nico twisted the nozzle to gentle mist, and smiled as the water droplets formed a full rainbow.

"Oh Iris, except my offering." he threw a golden drachma into the rainbow, and it disappeared into thin air, showing that the goddess had agreed to show him his wish.

"Show me Will Solace."

The rainbow melted away and in its place was an image of a tall blonde boy, his hair glistened in the evening setting sun.
He was walking through the forest on an evening stroll, and when he saw Nico his face broke out in a wide grin.

"Neeks!" Will looked like he was about to try and bear-hug him through the vision.

"Hey, Sunshine." said Nico, grinning with happiness. Delighting in the chance to see and speak to his boyfriend once again. Indulging himself in the pure enjoyment of looking at the sun child's beautiful face, he could have stood there and looked at Will forever. His boyfriend, however, had a different idea.

"WHAT ON OLYMPUS HAVE YOU BEEN DOING!! You haven't Iris messaged me for three weeks! THREE WEEKS!! I thought something had happened! You have no IDEA how worried I was-!"

"Woah- I'm sorry! I'm sorry- WILL YOU LISTEN BEFORE I SHADOW TRAVEL OVER THERE!" Finally, his boyfriend stopped ranting, glowering at the threat.

"You wouldn't." he said, folding his arms and squinting at him.

"I will if you don't listen!"

"Okay, fine, you have two minutes." Will scowled, but he smiled thinly to show Nico that he was just annoyed and it would pass.

Nico sighed, reassured. "Well, you know the girl who I need to get to know, Hermione Granger, so it turns out her two best friends are these boys called Ronald Weasley and Harry Potter, and I... um-"

"They pissed you somehow and you swore yourself their eternal enemy?"

Nico smiled ruefully, "You know me far too well."

"Would you rather I didn't know you?"

"Stop twisting my words sunshine boy."

Will smirked.

"Well I assume you didn't IM me for the sole purpose that I could mock you, so I'm going to also assume that you want my help with getting to know this Hermione Granger."

Nico nodded. "I just need some pointers- that's all."

*** Half an hour later:

"Well, so much for a few pointers." said Nico bitterly, groaning as he tried to think of all the advice his boyfriend had crammed into his brain.

Will looked at him hard for a moment, then his eyes softened and some sympathy crept into his face. He gave a small but warm smile. Finally he gave in and comforted his depressed boyfriend.

"Really, it all boils down to just be nice." he explained.

"Be nice?" said Nico, groaning again. "You had to say all that when all it meant was be nice?"

"That teaches you to ignore me for three weeks!" he said triumphantly to a cacophony of groans from the dark-haired boy in front of him.

"Oh don't be a grumpy little ball of darkness." he teased. "You know I love you."

Nico sighed and smiled back. "I love you too, sunshine."
Suddenly he glanced at his watch and saw that it was almost morning, "I've got to go now, I promise to IM you every day."

Will smiled warmly at him, "Okay, I believe you, see you tomorrow Neeks."

Nico rolled his eyes at the nickname and waved through the mist to break up the connection. "Love you, Will." he whispered.