Chapter 40: Hogwash

Will POV:

Will was impatient, scowling and tapping his foot as he waited outside the magical room; and Will never scowled!

He still couldn't believe that Nico had just left him here!

"I should never have let him go in alone." he muttered to himself angrily. "If something happens-" he stopped himself.

The corridor was cold and empty, and he had nothing to distract himself with but thinking of all the things that could go wrong for his boyfriend. Why couldn't he go in with them? Malfoy's delicate magical structure explanation seemed realistic and justified, and yet he liked it even less because of that. Will was a very trusting person, he liked almost everyone, so why did he get a bad feeling around that boy who Nico obviously shared a great connection with?

Footsteps dragged him out of his tunnelling thoughts, and he looked up to see Ginny rounding the corner.

His eyebrows pulled a little toward each other as he wondered what she could want, but she came marching right up to him and he instantly liked her.

"Where's Draco?" She scowled angrily at Will and his eyebrows raised slightly.

"How did you know I was here?" he asked curiously.

The flaming haired girl rolled her eyes impatiently, "Once I inevitably destroyed my brother in argument I came back to the ball, I realised Draco was gone and Parkinson told me where he'd gone with you and your boyfriend."

Will nodded with a small grin, he definitely liked Ginny Weasley.

"He went in there with Nico," he explained, frowning. "Apparently I can't come seeing as the room's magical structure is too delicate to host more than two- or I suppose three plus Granger- outside magical signatures."

The Weasley looked at him in exasperation, "I have no idea what you just said, but it's utter hogwash. The room can support a bagillion 'magical signatures' if it needs too. After the fire it came back twice as strong anyway."

Will didn't have time to wonder what fire she was referring too, because inside him a hot fury was building, he fought to keep control of himself.

"You mean to tell me I can safely go in this room with Draco, Nico and Granger already in there?"

"Hermione's in there too!"

"CAN I GO IN!" he bellowed.

"YES!" she yelled back, and without another word Will spun and tore the door open, racing into the room with only one thing in mind. Find Nico. In the back of his senses he acknowledged that Ginny was following swiftly behind him, but he could only think one thing: Something was wrong. Something was terribly wrong.