Chapter 34: Gorgeous

Hello! Um, lets not talk about the fact that I forgot to post yesterday :D. ANYWAY, I have got to say I really really enjoyed writing this chapter, I absolutely ADORE writing clothing descriptions so they may be a little... lengthly... I couldn't find any good images of any of the clothes so you'll just have to imagine them yourself, the above picture isn't meant to be Pansy or anyone it's just the best picture I could find that in anyway represented what I was going for, hope you enjoy this chapter -Emmi 

---------------------------------

A speech. A speech! What was it even supposed to be about?

"I don't even go to this stinking school! How am I supposed to write a speech about it!"

Will was patient, but he couldn't hide a grin. Apparently he thought all this was very amusing. Ugh.

Nico still couldn't believe that McGonagall just expected him to do this, after all, he hadn't wanted to be King of the ball! King of ghosts was quite enough for anyone, and yet he was now being forced to do a stupid dance which he didn't even know and give a speech that he couldn't even write!!

"Stupid ball." he muttered from his position slumped over a desk in the common room. His only slight satisfaction now was that Maddison had received a month's worth of detention.

Nico wasn't making absolutely no progress, the speech was... coming along. He was using a charmed quill to write, so he had only to dictate to it. It was still tricky though.

The first line he had come up with went something like this:

Um, so um students and teachers at Hogwarts I am writing this like um speech because I'm the king of the ball and I have to write a speech so this is it and, um, I suppose I should say that like this school is really good and that I like all the people here, except I don't really you're all complete idiots, but um... Oh Hades!

It was difficult to write with a quill that wrote down every word you spoke, ums included, plus Nico felt he hadn't done the enchantment quite right, because it kept misspelling words and leaving ink-blots everywhere when he stopped to think too long. Maybe there was a better way to do this?

Luckily he was spared the attempt to write a better speech by the arrival of Pansy and Blaise. Nico wasn't putting the speech off, he had to go see Pansy now that she was back!!

"Oh my god you guys are going to love what I got you!!" she squealed and grabbed all her towering bags off Blaise who could barely see over them poor boy. She immediately rummaged through bags and dragged out gorgeous piece after lacey-ruffly piece, finally coming to a conclusion of what was what, she threw a bag each at Nico and Will and shoved them into their dorm with a scream of: "you better like it!"

After she slammed the door on them, the two boys exchanged glances; Will looked like he could barely refrain from bursting into laughter, and Nico wondered if he looked as horrified as he felt. Unfortunately they didn't have much choice on the matter and Nico just prayed that Pansy had good taste; he didn't know what he'd do if she bought him a ruffly pink suit with lace.

With another grin, Will pushed Nico into the bathroom and said, "better get it over with."

A second door slammed in Nico's face, leaving him alone in the dorm bathroom. With a sigh he realised Will was of course right, and (was he holding his breath?) he stuck a hand out to pull the clothing from his bag.

When all the clothing was laid out on the floor he found that the bag contained a set of pure black robes, strangely fitted like a wizard's robes; which Nico never really understood.

The first layer was a black shirt, and curiously Pansy had chosen black jeans to go with it, Nico was grateful for the jeans, they reminded him of his normal outfit. Over this came the interesting piece; it was like a black tunic that reached down to just above his knees, but it was open at the front, like a coat. The sleeves were long, reaching to his wrists, and wide so that you could have fit three arms in one, and the material was all a clear deep black fabric. The collar, bottom, cuffs and the open bit at the front were lined with a wide black pattern that laid out beautiful swirls in the fabric. To go with this was a wide black leather belt, with a silver buckle, to fasten the robe together. Also in the bag were a pair of black leather boots.