you're really sick of not having a choice

Hi! I'm ill. 😭 I utterly hate being ill. It's nothing bad but yk how you only appreciate being healthy when you're not? Yeah. I promised myself when I get better I'll be really really grateful for being well but I'll probably forget it in a few minutes XD. So ik I'm sorry it's another of these but I had to include it somewhere and idk where else to put it. For all you PJO/myth lovers you will probably pick up on a little clue in this piece, if not HA forget what I just said. ANYWAY... I will continue to post through my terrible sickness (k it's a stomach ache, but it's a bad stomach ache!) so actually me mentioning this was completely meaningless and without reason but hey now you know a little more about me! Am I annoying you guys with these author's notes? Oh I am... Sowwy :3 Moving on from my stomach ache, enjoy this... not-really-chapter, and I look forward to hearing your comments! -Emmi

-----------------------------------

You are in the room again. The room that you have grown to hate, despise, because this is the room where you are forced to betray those who trust you. Forced to do something you thought you had left behind a year ago when the Dark Lord was defeated.

Once a traitor, always a traitor.

You want to be sick, and her voice is still speaking but you can't hear it. She is asking you something, focus.

Suddenly something is happening, and you don't know where it came from. One moment you stand there in despair; the next you are angry, very angry. So angry that the dark stone of the room is tinged red and your fists clench at your sides. You hate her, you hate yourself.

"This is wrong." You speak quietly, but your voice is furious.

She stops speaking, and looks at you with narrowed eyes. "What did you say?"

And it is all you can do to stop yourself from screaming at her, "You heard me! This is fucked up, all of it, it's a stupid, fucked up mission!"

The second the words leave your mouth you know you have made a terrible mistake. She is angry now. She doesn't like insolence.

As you watch she stands from her throne-like chair, and walks toward you like a pale wraith; her owl flutters around her pale golden locks before landing on her shoulder.

Just like in the picture books

You wish she wouldn't speak, but of course she does. "Watch your tongue boy." is her hiss, and the voice that emanates from her is dangerous. "I gave you an offer, you took it, there is no room now for reservation."

You swallow bile, and meet her eyes though all you want it to run away and never come back. You have to correct your mistake, quickly, now.

"My apologies, my Lady, I spoke out of turn. My emotion got the better of me, it will not happen again."

You wish you weren't so good at this. Speaking to evil super-humans should not be something one could get used to. When you think of it, you realise it is not. Your insides still roil, your throat still wants to gag, but your voice is smooth and clear.

She seems appeased, and a faint smile appears on her face. "Well spoken, I have always liked that about you." then she grows cold, and her eyes bore into you with a cold clarity that always manages to shock you. It's like she's looking into your very soul. "But beware, I will not tolerate such audacity again. Do not fail me, you know what is on the line."

Your head is bowed, and though you hate her your face is resigned.

You have no choice.

You're really sick of not having a choice.

"Yes my Lady."