Baby on board

Notes:

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU @VivziePop & your entire team on a fantastic Season 1, can't remember having so much fun with a new show with an epic S1 finale! Can't wait to see what u got cooking for season 2!!!🤩😄😭🤯😱🫨😈🔥🏨

200 years ago.

In the kingdom of hell, all was still nosy as the streets were filled with screams from another extermination force.

Days later, in the morningstar mansion.

The only sound was of the grandfather clock down the hall chiming the hour of three. Lilith groaned and shifted restlessly in the bed she shared with Lucifer, but her large stomach made it difficult. She hadn't been able to sleep comfortably in any position in the last few months of her pregnancy, which meant that she hadn't been getting as much sleep as she was used to.

She rolled to her back and stared up at the ceiling, absentmindedly stroking her swollen kicking belly. She was excited for the baby to come, but also a little anxious. Were she and Lucifer ready for a baby? They were only eons old, respectively and hell needed a heir at some point. They weren't entirely sure they even knew how to take care of one, But at least she wasn't the only one with conflicting emotions. Just the other day, Lucifer had confessed to her how nervous and anxious he was about the baby.

___________

It had been evening, and they had been sitting together on their bed, Lilith under the covers and wearing a nightgown, as she had been the last month or so of her pregnancy, the family doctor, had given her strict orders to go on bed rest for the last month. Knowing how restless and antsy she would get when she had to sit still for long periods of time, Lucifer had tried to spend every moment he could with her to try to keep her from going crazy.

But the exterminators coming back was fast approaching and he was trying to get together all the necessary meetings and paperwork , So considering all that, in reality, he hadn't been as concerned about her as he had been about himself. This especially included the times when Lilith sent him down to the kitchen at all hours of the day and night to fix her some new, weird food craving. He had protested almost every time, but deep down, he loved her too much to say no.

On this particular evening, Lilith had just gotten back from the kitchen with Lilith's latest food craving, deep-fried bacon dipped in chocolate

On this particular evening, Lilith had just gotten back from the kitchen with Lilith's latest food craving, deep-fried bacon dipped in chocolate. The thought alone was enough to make his stomach churn, not to mention the sight and the smell of it. But his beloved had just given him a loving smile and a sweet "thank you", and then had proceeded to gobble the whole thing within five minutes. He had waited until she had licked the last remnants of chocolate from her fingers before broaching the subject that had been weighing heavily on his mind for the past month or so.

"Lilith?" he said hesitantly.

"Hmm?" she answered. She was now knitting a blanket for the baby; or at least trying to. She kept dropping stitches and having to start over. Sewing and embroidering was one thing, but knitting was something she just wasn't good at and didn't have much patience for.

There was a moment of silence while Lucifer tried to gather his thoughts. "Are—are you excited?" he asked. "You know, about the baby and all?"

"Of course I am," she answered, frowning because she had just dropped yet another stitch. "It's the third best thing to ever happen to me."

"Uh, third?" Lucifer asked, smiling. "What was first and second?"

"Kicking Adam out of my life, and marrying you, silly," she said, leaning over and pecking him on the cheek. But then she noticed the look on his face, which was a mix of worry and anxiety. "What's wrong, lover? Aren't you excited for the baby?"

"Of course I am!" he said, taking her hand in his and kissing it. "It's just....." He trailed off.

"Lucifer," said Lilith , laying aside her knitting and cupping his face with her soft hands. "I know it's never been easy for you to share your feelings with anyone, but you know you can always tell me."

"I know," said he , covering her hands with his. "It's just—"

But she silenced him with a kiss. "Lucifer, it's okay," she said, smiling. "You can be honest with me."

"Okay," he said, taking a deep breath. "The truth is, I'm scared to death."

"Of what?" She asked.

"That I won't make a good father," he said, so quietly she almost didn't hear him.

"Lucifer, you'll make a great father," said Lilith, smiling at him.

"But I don't know how to take care of a baby," he said. "You know I was once god's right hand angel, until I met you, I was never really around any humans except you and Adam."

"I understand, lover," said she. "And you know what? I'm a little scared, too."

He looked at her. His expression was a mixture of shock and relief. "Really?" he asked.

"Of course," said Lilith , smiling again. "Every soon-to-be new parent has fears."

"Why are you scared?" He asked her.

"For the same reasons you are," she answered. "That I won't know how to take care of the baby.

He took her hands in his own. "You'll make a wonderful mother," he said, and kissed her.

"And you'll make a wonderful father," Lilith whispered. "This baby will have the best parents in hell."

"Got that right," said Lucifer , and they kissed again.

_______

Thinking about that evening made Lilith smile, and some of her anxiety started to ease. That is, until she felt a sudden, sharp pain in her lower abdomen.

She sat up, drew in a sharp breath, and waited it out. After a few seconds, the pain abated and she was able to breathe more normally. Before waking Lucifer , she decided to wait for another one, timing the minutes in between. After about fifteen minutes, she felt another sharp pain and then a gush of fluids leaving her body. Her water had just broken. The baby was on its way.

( cliffhanger lol hell sinners! Kudos to for the next chapter)

Notes:

Fun fact about me is I'm not very religious, as a kid I envisioned Lucifer to be a good person

Fun fact about me is I'm not very religious, as a kid I envisioned Lucifer to be a good person...my bible worshiping grandma didn't think otherwise

Feel free to kudos , comments on the adorable family and I'll see to it on working on the next chapter