Au birth swap

Trigger warning for anyone who lost someone. I'm sorry.
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text
Somewhere in another universe.

The following weeks were the worst the king and the queen of hell ,had ever experienced in their lives.

Lilith spent most of the time in bed, crying and waiting to recover from the bloody traumatic stillbirth that had left her weak and feverish. She couldn't believe she had lost her precious little hellspawn and she couldn't imagine going through the whole process once again.

Lucifer on the other hand couldn't stand seeing his beloved wife slowly losing vitality, she had always been a lovely, positive young woman but now she resembled her own shadow. He knew that healing wouldn't be easy, it required time and he needed a plan fast.

Lilith whispered into the darkness.

《What is it, dear?》 Asked the king of hell, softly.

《I know it hasn't passed so much but...》 She sighed. 《I want to try for another baby. I am not sure if it will work out but I think I am ready to go through it again. What do you think?》

Lucifer was speechless, he thought that his wife would hardly overcome that terrible loss but Lilith proved to be stronger than he thought. "Are you sure, darling? I mean, I thought you wanted more time to... you know, feel better."

Lilith turned to her left side, turning her back to her husband. "I know that it has been terrible, not just for me but for us both. I think about them everyday but we can't go on like this anymore. We tried so hard to have a baby, we struggled due to god punishing us."

She stopped and for a while the room went silent. She turned again to face her husband and she caressed his cheek sweetly, smiling. Lucifer smiled back at his wife. You're right, dear ,but fear not I have an idea! What if I carry our child?"

You can do that?

"As a former member of Heaven, some of us angels were gifted with special powers and parts."

"Thank you, I don't know what else to say."

"Then let's not say anything all night except for our desires."

They kissed into the dark of the night, holding tight one to another.

________

This time Lucifer had to wait just a few months to notice he was with child. When the doctor confirmed it to him, he recommended extreme caution with the last few months of pregnancy.

He gave himself time off from stress meetings, annoying sinners that he wanted to strangle or set on fire with the help of his rubber duckies and exterminating angels to help with the baby's development and he stated the king must stay in bed as long as possible to avoid any wrong movement.

Lilith spent those months fixing up the nursery chamber, talking to their baby. They wanted to make sure he or she had as much love as possible, just in case they had to say goodbye too soon

We love you, sweetie. I can't wait for you to arrive here, I'll show and teach you everything about your legacy."

"we will play tea parties and we'll read every book of our library in front of the big fireplace." Lilith used to say this while caressing lucifer's round belly.

_________

The last month Lucifer's water broke during their reading session and all hell broke loose.

Lilith I'm terrified! Lucifer was lying on his back, holding his queen's hand, his big golden red eyes were full of fear. 《What-what if...》 his words were interrupted by another of those painful whimpers.

Lilith kissed his sweaty forehead. "I believe in you, my love. I'm convinced you can do it."

"Sir! It's time to push, your Majesty!" Stated the goat doctor after a few hours.

Lucifer took a deep breath and pushed as strong as he could. After a few pushes the weak cry of a baby was heard in every room including the royal chamber.

The doctor put the baby into her father's arms.

Congratulations your Majesties, you have a beautiful, health baby girl. Once again Congratulations!》

Queen Lilith was mesmerised by the sight of her little princess, she was looking at her mother with smiling, big, eyes like her father. The newborn baby didn't have much hair but it seemed to be blonde.

Lucifer was thrilled by that sight, he had dreamed about that moment for months and now he had it. He cuddled with his wife, looking down at his daughter.
"She's amazing. I can't believe she is really here! take that god and you're stupid fucking bible!"

Lilith looked at her husband, sobbing of joy. "What should we name her?" She asked.

"Charlotte...but let's nickname her Charlie for short."

Notes:

Big shout out to pink_purrrito and YesikNarv (Guest), for a suggestion crack cannon theory about Lucifer who was the one who gave birth to Charlie