A day outside with mom

Notes:

I was going to do a dark chapter but I'll save it for the next chapter
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text
"Weeeee're goin' on a picnic, a picnic, a picnic!" 15 year old Charlie sang, skipping blithely towards the oak tree that looked similar to the forbidden fruit tree in heaven, it towered over the beautiful wildflowers behind the Morningstar mansion.

Lilith followed behind at a more measured pace, carrying a wicker basket slung over one arm. Her golden eyes scanned the surrounding area for signs of idiots that dare assassinate the royal family.
it's happened before when she was pregnant with Charlie and midnight walks with Lucifer.

Then Charlie's sweet voice cut through her thoughts. "This tree is HUGE, mom!"

"That's nice sweetheart, let's enjoy a quiet lunch together while you're father works on his projects."

"Okay, I snuck some slices of apple pie when you weren't looking."

_______________

A bunch of small yellow, purple, pink and red daisies dotted the field and she picked them up one by one. She held a bundle of them in her hands and sniffed their sweet scent.
"I never knew that natural beauty could exist in this place."

Wearing a brown sun hat with an adorable black spider and web on top nestled over her long blonde hair.
Lilith knelt down beside her daughter in the grass.

"Isn't it wonderful, Mom?" the young girl asked. "A whole bunch of flowers here for us to enjoy...it's a shame most of the demons here don't appreciate the small wonderful things."

"That's true," Lilith replied with sadness appeared in her eyes, which were yellow with black sclera.

Charlie looked over. "What's wrong, Mom?"

"Oh, it's nothing, Charlotte," she replied.

"Do you think I'll be able to make friends in high school this time?" Charlie asked. "It seems like not many people want to be my friend."

Lilith tried to find a ways to comfort her. "Well, you're always optimistic, positive in almost any situation and you don't let anyone get you down."

"Like Daddy, said, 'don't take any shit from demons.' What shouldn't I take from them, exactly?"

"Oh for Satan's sake," Lilith murmured.

"Huh?" Charlie asked.

"Nothing," she said, waving a hand. "It just means be careful who you trust. Some may want to be your friend, but others are...untrustworthy. We're the most influential family in Hell."

"Meaning like having tea parties, singing amazing songs and eating apple pies?"

Lilith hesitated but spoke softly. "Well...yeah, if you wish."

Charlie beamed. "Oh, that's wonderful! I bet we will do a great job for our new friends and subjects." Charlie embraced her mother and then ran around happily in the backyard.
_____

There was no point in Lilith telling her daughter what was really on her mind. That Hell was no place for happiness and innocent fun.

That many demons feared their family and envied them.

Even at a young age, Charlie would always be powerful and different...being part angel and part demon, she would one day become more powerful than her parents.

Notes:

We don't know too much about Lilith but I love to believe that she was a wonderful mother to Charlie and I wanted them to be so happy together

it just got stuck in my head. Another reason why Charlie likes to sing so much and use it as a way to get others on her side is because of her mother.