Chapter. 3

This looks unexpectedly normal.

This was the first thought that came in Jack's mind when he looked above. The sky was covered with white partly clouds, this means there will be rain in next few days. He can hear joy and laughter of children around him. Jack turns back he found himself on the beach. A nice and clean beach. He can feel refreshing sea breeze on his face. He started to walk towards the sea shore, the sand beneath his feet felt like some expensive Persian rug. He can see clear blue water till the end of horizon line. He stopped at the point where his toes touches the water, the water felt cold. He closed his eyes and inhale a breast full of refresh air.

He open his eyes looked towards the sun. It start to became bigger and bigger. It was coming towards him like a big ball of fire. The smoke covering everything behind it. Jack tried to move away from it but his feet were stuck into the sand. He can't get free his feet. Jack can feel the growing heat as the sun get closer second by second. His flesh started to burn. He covered his face with his hands. He tried to peak through his fingers. The glowing light became brighter with in split of seconds and hits him.

It jolted and waked the jack.

He was sweating wet. His breath was a bit elevated. He gathered his senses and looked around he was in his cabin. He slept in, last thing he remembered that he was waiting for supply truck. He stands up from his old leather coach. He felt a bit stiffness in his shoulder. This happens sometime after he steps into his forties. Although as ex-army officer he always keep himself in shape. His tall and broad structure and undercut hair still suggests his relation to arm forces. It almost eleven years he took retirement from United Peace Enforcer.

After the war there weren't many carrier choices left for ex-U.P.E officer. Jack choose framing, and with his request Rosharps allocated a piece of land to him as a reward to his services. Rosharps always provide better opportunities to ex officers, so that they can still contribute. Field officers were trained to be tough, they have high abilities to perform. That was another reasons that he owns a big part of fertile land and there are people who work in his fields. And when he was not framing him usually go for scavenging. This was his hobby now a days. Some time alone, some time with other sector colonists. Who were looking for some adventure in their boring life whatever was left.

A leather coach, some old calendars filled with picture of destination holiday beaches, books, old toy automobile, aircraft and guns magazines. Some old gadget which never works but he collects them any ways. All this stuff occupies a large part of his cabin where he spends ten hours of his day. Jacks denim button down shirt and dark pair jeans along with the cowboy boots were also his finds. He don't like standard clothing's provided by Command Quarter. Although there is no rule to wear standardize clothing. But all colonist have to wear their ID wrist band issued by command quarter. This help them to identify every colonist by their sectors and there role in sector. Jack was also wearing one of these wrist band, which made him feel like a pet, a pet owned by Rosharps.

Jack's cabin was situated next to his house near the fields. Where he grow vegetables for production and processing units of A011. He supplied it for the waged water, electricity and a house in sector A009. He has to supply every day to keep things going in production plants of sector A011. Jack named his farm after the home town. He placed a large wooden board above the main entrance gate of farm. In bold capital letters, painted with white that says - SALTSTONE pasture.

He was not very fond of Rosharps policies. Dividing groups of human into sectors and labeled it with a alpha-number figure. Jack's farm was situated at the far edge of sector A009. It was one the three active agricultural sector connected to a command quarter in the center. The rest of the two sector were near the processing facility of sector A011 on the north side. In sector A009 they always use supply truck to delivered vegetable and livestock.