Chapter. 12

Nikko was wait for jack, his head was packed with all those stories again which he heard time to time but he was diverting his attention towards the priest who was keeping his eyes on them from the distance. Nikko knows that there must be something he wants from them. May he is the snitch placed by Rosharps to monitor internal affairs of dwellers.

But he looks clam and comfortable with these Freelander's. Or he is so good with his act that he never break out of his role. May be he belongs to some kind of UPC secret service. While Nikko was still busy in cracking this mystery. He heard noises coming from the door side. Jack was coming towards the van with some guards. He Thank mother Marry that Jack was alright and return alive. Nikko still thinks that these guys were turned back to their basic instincts. Hunt and eat whatever best they found.

The guards throw jack inside the van and lock the door. This time they didn't use the double lock on it. Nikko noticed that the guards weren't armed and were less aggressive.

"Hey_ where were you?" asked Nikko, "I thought you might be on their dinner plate."

"We were out for hunt," Jack replied, and lay down on the floor on this back. He was tired and sweating like he freshly came out of the steam bath.

"Hunt?" Nikko asked suspiciously, "did you join these locos?"

"We were out there, "Jack replied, "We found Lilly."

"Where? How? I mean is she ok now?"

Jack look towards the Nikko, He was not sure how put the whole scenario in words, because the girl they were taking to command quarter was gone. That thing whatever that was, it not Lilly.

"She is not well," said Jack, "Kaden's son and Lilly both need medical help as soon as possible."

"So_ now they know that out our story is true, will they let us go?"

"Only half of the story is true," said Jack, "The other half of the truth is that, we can't take lily with us on our own."

Nikko never get this kind of negative vibes from Jack ever. Jack was depressed over something. He look like that he was out of options. "Why, what happen to her?" Nikko Asked, "What going on man?"

Jack snapped and sit up, and grab Nikko from his collar, "Stop calling her Lilly, that thing is not our Lilly." Jack realize the he pushed himself hard on Nikko he let go Nikko's shirt collar.

"I am sorry," said Jack.

"Relax man, it ok".

"We got her from the scrap yard, and we bring her here," said Jack.

Nikko felt hopelessness in Jacks tone.

"Kaden Ordered to put her with his son, in the some pit. We were hoping some kind of reaction from Kaden's son. But the y he didn't do anything to that little girl. In fact the both began to look towards us."

"You mean that they don't attack each other?" Nikko Asked.

"No."

Jack reads time from his wrist watch, "it was almost two hours Kaden's son or Lilly didn't scream or growl. It's like they understand each other, they were taking us as their enemies. She was choosing, that aggression was not random.

"Are you sure about that?" Nikko asked.

"I don't know," said Jack, "But one thing I thing that I know for sure that Kaden was not alone. He was working for someone."

"You mean he is UPC Spy?" Nikko asked like he finally crack the biggest mystery.

"Seriously Nikko?" Jack asked like he can't believe what he just heard. Did you notice and the skull that the helmet of UPC guards inside Kaden's Cabin."