Chapter. 9

Omar knew that he blew up the whole covert operation that Jacob was running for the last three years. The network can be compromised and they both will be trailed for treason charges against the state and U.P.E. but where would they end up? Either they gave them fair chance in court or they will execute them in the ghost factory on the east gate. He was thinking about these things all night long. He gets up from his bed and open blinds. It was morning, he can feel the increasing warmth of the sun through the glass.

Omar was waiting for the doorbell. Jacob always rang it before going for jogging. He never misses a day till this morning. He thought Jacob will handle Zoey. He always does that with his smile and sugar coated words that girls love to listen for hours. But even Jacob run out of words this time. Omar made some coffee, dark no sugar for Jacob, full cream for himself. He decided to clear everything between him and Jacob. Zoey was already did what she does best, according to Omar it's one of her super powers. She always manages to disconnect Omar and Jacob somehow.

He grab the coffee mugs and went straight into Jacob's apartment. Jacob was sitting near the window watching outside. He was thinking about the episode he had with Zoey. Omar put his coffee on his side of the window, and he settled in front of him.

"No jogging today?" he asked.

"Nope," Jacob replied without turning his eyes toward Omar.

"OK, what about some coffee?" Omar asked.

"Don't need it."

Omar realized that Jacob was not in a mood right now, he scoffs a bit to grab Jacob attention but Jacob was far away in his thoughts. Omar exhale sharply.

"It was not my fault," said Omar, "OK."

"Then how come she know about the Arcane?" Jacob shouted.

It was the anger that was boiling inside him since last night. Omar was surprised to hear that from him. He was expecting that Jacob will argued about putting Zoey in this awkward position where she had to leave him. He liked her, Omar knows that. Deep down inside He have those feeling and suppression supposed to dissolve them but it make those feeling harder for her.

"Arcane?" asked Omar confusingly, "I thought this was about Zoey?"

"Yes, you moron this is about Zoey," he said, "What else we are talking about now? Don't tell me that you are high right now."

"No, absolutely not, I am sober," Omar replied.

Jacob squeeze his eyes and inspect Omar eye balls for red veins. It happens to him when he get high. Jacob have no idea what kind of stuff he smokes in the name of herbal treatments.

"Look man," said Omar, "it's not my fault, she showed up on my door, she came there looking for you."

"And you gave her personalize tour of underground network, that share information and intelligence across the sector," said Jacob.

"I know what its look like, but trust me she didn't understand the shit," he countered.

"What kind of stupid fuck are you," said Jacob, "she was trained to do this, it's a part of her training; to see things that other can't."

"Really?"

"Yes, the whole network has been compromised now thanks to you," Jacob replied.

Omar thought that they might discussed about this in the car, and the matter was resolved. She was upset about the secret sting operation in G.O.R.E tower to expose Rosharps or maybe she was upset because of her father's reputation was on stake. If anything leaked out from the tower, it Clifford's head under the smasher. Jacob took off from the wind and lay down on the couch, covered his eyes with one arm, and crushing the stress buddy toy with other hand. Omar exhale sharply, stands up and sit on the chair next to Jacob.