❀ please say hello to the folks that I know ❀

‧° ‧₊˚y/n pov ˚₊‧° ‧

My mind raced as my breath escaped in short gasps and chokes. I could barely concentrate with my hair blowing in my face and the cold wind blew against my face and watered my eyes. I squinted as I pulled on whatever levers I could, pushed whatever buttons were glowing and slammed my fist against whatever circuited board I could see. The beeping and whooping alarms all around my head spin.

Sparks flew all around me as I, once again, pulled the big lever at the side of me. I grunted and yelled with effort, but the train didn't stop.

The chugging long before melted into ear-splitting shrieks on the wheels against the rails. Poppy had stopped talking now, and her words raced through my head. No no no no no...I can't stay here. I've already been here for so long...please.

My entire body felt a sickening sensation as the train began to tip sideways. I let go of the lever and hurriedly focused my weight in the opposite end of the train to perhaps straighten it out. But to no avail, the train continued its sideways fall until my head filled with the sounds of broken, screeching metal as I was thrown out of the toy train. My body skidded harshly across the tracks, the broken pieces of hot metal scoring across my skin until I finally came to a halt. Limp across the traintracks, my entire self aching and my head pounding.

I could only take in my surroundings for a hot second before I slipped into unconsciousness. My vision blurring and then darkening as I was only able to read a ruined sign just in my line of sight.

"playcare"...

.˚₊‧ timeskip ‧₊˚.

Lights flickered dimly all around and quaint dripping sounds accompanied it. Everything was upside down, so I assumed I was being held by my legs. My arms swung limp above me and my vision dipped in and out of blur.