❀ docter ❀

⚠️ usage of medical tools/procedures, blood ⚠️

‧° ‧₊˚y/n pov ˚₊‧° ‧

"Wow...looks like I really have been sent an angel..."

Barely processing the words and Instead trying to process the adrenaline rush I had just experienced, I swallowed my spit and tried to slow my breathing. I bent down to the dog-toy creature and took the belt in my hands, tightening it around his waist to cut off the blood leakage. His fingers scraped against the cement and he let out a small, painful sound. "Sorry, I just have to make sure your insides don't spill out." I grunted.

He pried his eyes off of his torso and to my face, catching my eye as I lifted my head. We stared at each other for a while like that, my face solemn and looking slightly angry, even though I wasn't. Well, not at him- particularly.

"...you saved me."  He stated simply.

I took a breath and looped the belt through the golden lock to secure it. "Well, yeah. I couldn't just watch your insides being devoured by a bunch of gaped-mouth freaks." I looked up at him sharply, my features clenched in guilt. "No offense."

He chuckled, then letting out a rasping cough. "It's fine...I know I'm not exactly a sight for sore eyes." 

I sat back on my knees, finally able to take a deep breath. I tiredly look up at him and let my body relax. "So...what should I call you?"

He tilted his head. "What do you mean?"

I shrugged. "I dunno, I mean..." I hesitated, knowing this was a personal question. "Do you remember who you...once were?"

His eyes widened slightly, and emotion danced in his dark eyes. He looked to the floor for a moment before shaking his head. "No...so I suppose that means you can call me dogday. It's all I really know myself as now." He explained it like it was nothing, but I could feel my heart wrench as his words. "Alright then." I mumbled.