❀ the divine one ❀

‧° ‧₊˚y/n pov ˚₊‧° ‧

And so, me and ollie paired together as they helped me navigate playcare. I was of course suspicious of their intentions, I mean, who wouldn't question a childish voice yapping in your ear in the abandoned ruin of a children's toy company? But I had to comply to their instructions. It was the only choice I had.

Playcare. I knew about this place. Usually I could hear the barley audible sounds of children laughing and playing through the pipes deep underground, or saw it through the observation windows when I had to get supplies, but I had never been in the heart of it. 

It was a vast wreckage, faux clouds strung above now fallen and worn with time, vines and mold and other fauna climbing up the buildings and statues of the smiling critters. Everything reeked of mildew, the smell still reaching me when I covered my nose up with my sleeve. It was dark and musty, the only light coming from the flashlight I had on my belt loop.

Ollie was helpful, but got annoying quickly. Maybe it was their voice (the thought of which made me feel very, very guilty). But I tried not to let any of my frustration seeped through. I already had enough of that crap.

I dodged falling debris of the homestead zone and endured sickening overdosages of nightmare-fuel smoke, sending me on a crazed and disoriented chase with huggy throughout the homestead hallways- only escaping him when I awoke with a start on the wooden floor of the homestead sweating and panting.

Poppy and kissy missy eventually ran into me. I had let out a blood-curling scream when kissy grabbed my shoulders and turned my around, her eyes and lips gleaming eerily in the dim light of playcare. But poppy intervened and assured kissy that we were on their side.

While I appreciated not being met with thousands of gleaming teeth right before I die, the memories of the train wreak and poppy purposefully stranding me here in this hellhole made me go off. I yelled and shouted at them for as long as I could before kissy had to gently secure her glove-like hand over my mouth until I tired myself out.

Poppy carefully explained (to me, who was still red-faced and huffing) that they needed me here. Rephrasing that they could together save a lot of innocent people. They explained that this...creature (unbeknownst to me), "the prototype"- was the reason for all of this horror. Poppy emphasized the horrible things it has done, and described him in detail. A metal claw, wirey and spindly like rods...

"I saw that thing...it took mommy longleg's body when I killed it." I remarked after she had described it. The doll's porcelain face shown this fear. "Oh dear...this is very bad." She fretted. She did not explain further.