❀ the truth ❀

⚠️ description of the hour of joy, vomit, sickness ⚠️

 ‧° ‧₊˚y/n pov ˚₊‧° ‧

"Angel, you should really let me carry you."

"I'm fine, dogday."

"Your not fine, your healing will only be prolonged if you keep putting weight on that insured ankle. You'll be back up on your feet in no time if you just let me help."

We had gathered up all our things and were now navigating through the area near the dials and switches controlling the gas production. My ankle had been twisted badly in the fight with catnap, and it showed in the way I limped and stumbled. The weight of the grabpack wasn't helping either. 

We had agreed in the name bobby for the small creature, seeing as it took the from of the popular smiling critter bobby bearhug. I could tell dogday was slightly annoyed by its presence, but I also saw dogday nuzzling his face against it when it hopped up onto his shoulder. It was quite adorable.

Dogday finally sighed and rolled his eyes, and I was immediately swept off of my feet. I yelped in surprise and glared at dogday "what the hell, man?" I huffed, grabbing onto him for support. Dogday squared his shoulders, showing no signs of apology. "I have to keep you in one piece, that's my job. You said it yourself, Angel. I'm your guard dog." He recalled smugly. I bit my tongue, knowing that there was no point in arguing with him on his one. 

We carried on, bobby following close at our heels. The hallway enetually opened up to a huge room, a strange industrial machine placed right in middle that reached up to the ceiling. My eyes were drawn to it before I heard a familiar voice echo off the cement and pipe walls-

"Good, your here." An airy voice chimed in relief. Dogday turned and we saw poppy, carefully stepping onto a level pile of scrap metal and wooden planks high above us. "And you've done it again. The impossible." She wiped the dust off her dress with a smile before finally looking up to meet us.  Her glazed eyes widened as she saw me in dogday's arms. And I had to admit, I could feel my face heat up just from the tension of the situation.

Poppy clutched her pears in shock as she stared down at us. "Do my eyes deceive me? You found dogday!" She cheered happily. She then focused into bobby, panting and wagging her little tail as poppy adored her. "And a little critter too...now that catnap is no longer feeding into their cannibalistic desires, they have no need for violence anymore." She then shrugged. "Or maybe you just got lucky." I frowned at poppy's usual indecisiveness.