❀ hunger ❀

The other smiling critters deaths will be based off of my own headcanons, therefore they are not evident in the actual game.

⚠️ descriptions of blood, gore, insanity, and death ⚠️

 ‧° ‧₊˚y/n pov ˚₊‧° ‧

I was startled awake by the static of Ollie's voice through the radio, instructing us to get moving back to playcare.

I breathed deeply from the sudden surprise and leaned back against the wall, casting a look at dogday, who looked fully awake. I raised an eyebrow. "Did you sleep?" Dogday shook his head. "Didn't need to." 

I rolled my eyes. "Everyone needs to sleep." I urged, slightly worried. Dogday gave me a reassuring look. "Don't worry, angel. I've seen worse than a little fatigue." 

We got our things together and I secured the grabpack back on my body. We carefully followed the arrows and signs back to playcare, though this presented a bit of a challange with dogday's new height. A lot of the ceilings were tall, but in a lot of the doorways he would end up hitting his head and falling backwards, to which I would obviously help him up, but it still slowed us down a bit.

Though eventually we stood at the entrance of playcare, the faux daylight above casting dim light onto everything below. I took a deep breath in, the smell of mildew and rotting plantlife a surprising relief from the metal and blood smell. 

We walked inside, not wanting to just stand around awaiting Ollie's voice. "So, angel...may I ask how you got so deep into the factory? Even more important...how did you even get here at all?" He asked carefully.

I stretched my back, groaning as it cracked from the cement-floor night's sleep. I was quiet for a moment, wondering how I can dumb-down the story enough so it won't take hours and hours to tell. "It was...odd. I got this really obscure letter in the mail that told me to 'find the flower', with an ink drawing of a poppy flower to go along with it." I explained. "So I just...went in. I released poppy from her case, I killed huggy, I killed mommy..." I repeated poppy's words, not sure what else to say in its place. "And then I boarded the train, thinking I would get out of here and then," I turned to dogday, tracing my fingertips over the raspberry wound that adorned the side in the face. "It crashed. And I've been following Ollie every since."

Dogday's eyes were wide as I spoke, and was silent when I was finished.

"You..." dogday hesitated. "You killed huggy? And mommy longlegs?" I looked him up and down. "You're surprised?" I questioned.

"Who wouldn't be?! Both mommy and huggy were some of the strongest toys here and you're- not to be harsh- just a small human..." I smirked and waved him off as i continued walking. "I appreciate your concern, but it's time for me  to ask the questions...you said that you were the last of the smiling critters, but there were six minus you and catnap. So what happened?"

Dogday's eyes focused on the ground. "Oh...right." He mumbled, his staticky voice shaky. "Well...it's a pretty long story, if you don't mind me telling it." 

I shook my head, indicating that I didn't mind, and I sat myself up on a cushioned cobblestone wall to give my full attention to him. 

He took a deep breath in and began to speak. "In the beginning, we were all pretty complicit to his orders, seeing as we really had nowhere else to go- at least nowhere else where we wouldn't find us. He had us collect parts of toys and crap metal to give to him. Even the smallest step out of line meant bad consequences, he would torture us to near death and only release us when we were just about to succumb to our injuries. Other times he would..." he took a shaky breath as he finally made brief eye contact with me. "starve us..."

He took some more breaths to keep himself level before continuing. "All the tourture from being moments near death, moments near...escape- it made them crazy...everyone knows picky piggy always had an appetite, so the starving thing was especially hard on her."

"One day, when he were all locked up in our tight and rusting cellar, one of kickin's fresh wounds was starting to fester, and..."

He chocked on his words, and I felt myself grow sick as i remembered picky piggy's haunting voicelines from her cardboard cutout. My heart sank as I could see tears welling in dogday's eyes.

"Piggy leapt for him. She practically tore his face off...only me, hoppy, and bobby escaped. Crafty and bubba tried to make it out but...they were too late." 

"I forgot much of what happened after. All I remember is hoppy swearing that she could jump out of this place and Bobby running off...and then catnap found me and..." his entire body shook as the tears spilled out of his eyes and down his dirty orange fur.

I stood on the cobblestone wall, my arms out as I leaned into dogday. He caught me, obviously surprised at my gesture until I wrapped my arms around his neck, resting my face on his shoulder.

He began to calm down as he embraced me back, pulling me close to him and burying his face in the crook of my neck. I tried not to dwell on the horrific set of images dogday's words had painted for me, and instead focused on comforting him. 

His breathing eventually slowed, and the shaking subsided. I pulled away and wiped access tears from under his eyes. "I'm so sorry about that, dogday...those are awful things that neither you nor your friends deserved."

 Dogday finnaly raised his head to look at me. There was an unfamiliar expression in his gaze, I could see his eyes widened, only slightly trembling from the revent crying spell. It seemed friendly, but in a surprised and slightly admiring way. I shook the odd feeling and smiled at him gently. "It's gonna be ok, we're going to defeat catnap and find a way out of playcare. And c'mon, an eight-foot tall guard dog and his knight in shining armor? This is gonna be a piece of cake." I assured him on a lighter tone.

He nodded his head, sucking in a breath and he wiped the wetness on his fur off. "Yeah, you're right." He looked down at me and bent down to my level, I gave him a confused look. "Y/n...thank you so much for listening to me. I've been alone down here for a very long time..." 

I smiled and scratched atop his head between his ears. His eyes lit up as he looked up at me. "Any time, dude." I winked.

₊˚. end of chapter six