Chapter 14

I'll back you up was a phrase Ming Si had heard many times before.

For instance, when she was young, Cheng Yu would often act like a big brother and say confidently, "Ming Si, did Liang Xian bully you again? Don't worry, I'll back you up!"

His grandiose declaration, filled with vigor, was quite impressive and intimidating.

Unfortunately, Ming Si had never believed him.

However, Liang Xian's casual and even nonchalant remark now somehow gave her a little... feeling of assurance.

Pushing aside her strange thoughts, Ming Si composed herself, glanced at him, and retorted, "Do I look like someone who can be bullied? Of course, that little white lotus got scared off by me."

Liang Xian chuckled lightly in response, "En."

For some reason, Ming Si also curved her lips slightly, then suddenly noticed that the atmosphere in the car seemed unusually harmonious.

So harmonious that it felt a bit unfamiliar.

The curve of her lips gradually faded, and she turned her head to look out the window.

Liang Xian seemed to have noticed too, and for a long while, neither of them spoke.

Outside the car window, the streetlights passed one by one, and in the hazy light, shadows retreated rapidly.

Finally, he broke the silence and asked, "Was she the one who spread the rumors about our relationship back then?"

Ming Si replied, "Yes."

The whole incident was quite infuriating.

Feng Shiru was a narrow minded person. She had a crush on Liang Xian but didn't dare to confess, and she seemed to suspect every girl of having a connection with him. Among them, Ming Si became the biggest target—she and Liang Xian were childhood friends and later attended tutoring classes together, naturally having a closer relationship than regular classmates.

In Feng Shiru's eyes, this became evidence of her supposed involvement with Liang Xian.

Later, the matter reached Cen Xinyan's ears, and when Ming Si complained to Cheng Yu and the others in frustration, she accidentally revealed the incident of being falsely accused of early dating.

One day before their tutoring class, they were all sitting together eating fruits. Somehow, the conversation turned to Feng Shiru.

Cheng Yu suddenly coughed and said, "Liang Xian, Ming Si, there's something I've been wanting to say for a long time—Are you two really dating?"

How did she respond back then?

Right, she picked up a physics book and was about to hit him, saying, "Don't dodge, bring your head over, and I'll check your temperature!"

Cheng Yu fled with his head in his hands, finally curling up on the sofa with a look of grievance, saying, "But you two look good together... Have you ever considered exploring it further?"

Ming Si retorted irritably, "Looking good together my foot! No need to explore anything!"

"What about you, Liang Xian?" Cheng Yu asked, sticking his neck out again.

Liang Xian seemed to have started doing homework at that time—he might look carefree, but his grades were excellent.

He lifted his head slightly upon hearing Cheng Yu's question, and his gaze swept lightly towards her before replying, "Not interested."

Ming Si huffed, "Coincidentally, I'm not interested in you either."

......

She didn't know if it was to refute Cen Xinyan's baseless suspicions or because she had been praised by countless boys since childhood, Liang Xian's words slightly hurt her self-esteem... In any case, Ming Si found him increasingly unpleasant since then.