Chapter 19

"...!"

Ming Si woke up from the dream all of a sudden, gasping for breath.

In her sight were the white ceiling and a chandelier, with the curtains drawn and the room dimly lit. She calmed down for a while before slowly lifting the blanket and sitting up.

Looking at the furnishings in the bedroom, it was clearly not her own home.

No wonder she had such a nightmare.

Ming Si slipped her uninjured foot into her slippers, feeling her way to stand up, and then hopped out.

She hadn't taken a few steps when three knocks sounded on the door from outside.

"Miss Ming?"

The voice seemed to belong to Liang Xian's bodyguard.

She stood on one foot and replied, "Come in."

As the bedroom door was opened, a thin stream of light shone at her feet, followed by a dim and soft glow.

It turned out it was evening already.

Ming Si squinted her eyes slightly and, after a moment, saw Shi Tai standing straight there, supporting a wheelchair. He reported the time to her, "You're awake. It's seven o'clock in the evening."

Ming Si: "......"

This wheelchair successfully reminded her of the unpleasant experience of being looked at by other people in the hospital. She refused without even looking, "No need, I can walk by myself."

"Mr. Liang specially ordered this for you," Shi Tai said as he pushed the wheelchair forward, bending down to open the footrests and patting the leather seat cushion, seemingly intending to show her how perfect the wheelchair was.

So, Liang Xian thought her foot wouldn't heal, huh?

Ming Si had no desire to sit in a wheelchair and wander around. She said with annoyance, "Where's Liang Xian?"

She was ready to argue with him—did he see her as a permanently disabled person who couldn't move properly?

"Mr. Liang is in the study," Shi Tai answered promptly and tactfully moved the wheelchair aside a bit. He stood to the side and said, "Let me show you the way."

The study's door was tightly closed. Shi Tai knocked on the door on behalf of Ming Si, and a lazy voice came from inside, "Come in."

Ming Si pushed the door open.

What came into view was a spacious wooden desk and a black bookshelf. A metal reading lamp on the desk cast a soft light onto the paper.

Liang Xian was enveloped in the faint light, his well-defined fingers resting on the edge of the paper, casting long shadows.

Even his handsome features softened a bit.

Seeing her enter, he put down the documents in his hand, "Had enough sleep?"

Liang Xian's voice was actually quite unique. Besides being deep, it also carried a hint of his characteristic nonchalance, making it easy to recognize.

At this moment, when he spoke, it sounded exactly like the voice in her dream.

After having such an embarrassing and silly dream, waking up to see the male protagonist standing in front of her had a far greater impact on her psyche than she had anticipated.

Ming Si felt inexplicably guilty for a moment and quickly averted her gaze, "Your bed is so hard, it made my back ache."

Liang Xian casually replied, "Is that so?"