Chapter 55

The process of feeding the cat cannot be described in Jinjiang; anyway, everyone understands.

This night wasn't like their first night together, it lasted until nearly dawn. However, for Ming Si, it was still quite a challenge.

She didn't enjoy exercising, even though she regularly went to the gym and practiced yoga. Ultimately, it was just to maintain a good figure – not very practical.

The sofa was soft, and she was both tired and sleepy. She absentmindedly slapped his arm with her hand, her words unintelligible.

His breath pressed down, low and faint, as he leaned in from behind, "The last time."

"...!"

Her resistance was in vain.

The next day, when Ming Si woke up, she had no desire to move at all.

Unfortunately, the physiological issue had to be resolved. She carefully got up, tiptoed into her slippers, and a minute later, she tiptoed back from the bathroom. It wasn't to take care of Liang Xian's sleep quality; it was just because the discomfort was too much for her.

Ming Si climbed back into bed and stared at Liang Xian's sleeping face. No matter how she looked at that handsome face, it annoyed her.

So, she picked up the pillow next to her and threw it over his head.

Little did she know, Liang Xian was actually awake.

Before the pillow could touch his face, he raised his hand to block the attack. Ming Si, caught off guard by his action, instinctively moved back.

Regaining her senses, she complained, "Why didn't you say you were awake?"

Liang Xian tossed the pillow aside, propping himself up with a single arm, and the blanket slid down to his waist. Looking at her, he lazily commented, "If I said something, would you spare your dear husband?"

Liang Xian wasn't wearing pajamas last night; his pajamas were currently draped over her.

So when Ming Si's gaze fell on his upper body, she quickly thought of something. Her face turned slightly red, but she quickly put on a serious expression and criticized him, "Why are you sleeping shirtless? It's indecent."

In response, Liang Xian leaned in closer.

Ming Si's movement was limited; her foot was curled up, and she was sitting on the edge of the bed. For a brief moment, all she could do was watch as the distance between them narrowed.

She protected the essential areas and cautiously observed him.

Liang Xian brushed aside her hand and unfastened a button on her pajama top.

"What are you doing? Are you thinking—?" She didn't finish the sentence; she realized she might have misunderstood something.

Liang Xian then helped her fasten the button.

It turned out that in the haste of last night, she had buttoned her pajamas incorrectly.

Ming Si had fair skin and was wearing black pajamas. The contrast was striking. In the early morning, she wasn't wearing makeup, and her complexion was still excellent. Her skin was fair and translucent, almost delicate enough to be fragile. Although her features were inherently charming, her eyes held a hint of purity and playfulness, like that of a young girl. At this moment, there was even a touch of bewilderment and embarrassment.

"You just wanted to button up for me?" She wasn't entirely sure, looked down at her pajama, and asked again.

Liang Xian retracted his fingers, tilted his head, and said, "Otherwise?"