Chapter 17

His tone was casual, as if he was coaxing a child, but the low and relaxed voice gave her a gentle illusion.

Ming Si was stunned for a moment.

It was not until Liang Xian squatted down and touched her ankle that a piercing pain struck her and she suddenly came back to her senses, "Ouch, ouch, ouch, it hurts!"

She had always been afraid of pain. Just a little on her finger would make her fuss for a long time, let alone twisting her foot.

Her eyebrows were tightly furrowed.

Liang Xian withdrew his hand, gently pulled down the pant leg to cover the exposed ankle. He stood up and asked, "Should I carry you down?"

Although it was a question, he had already turned around and squatted down.

He had a well-proportioned figure, with broad shoulders and a narrow waist, with the combat uniform accentuating his tall and heroic aura. When he squatted down, through the clothes, one could still see the tight lines of his shoulders, hinting at the hidden strength.

Ming Si hesitated for a moment and then cautiously climbed on his back.

This was her first time lying on a man's back; the touch was unfamiliar, not soft at all.

She felt a bit... uncomfortable and strange.

Before she could fully process her emotions, Liang Xian suddenly hooked her legs and stood up. Ming Si's center of gravity was lifted, and she exclaimed in alarm, quickly clutching his neck tightly.

"You can put more force if you want," Liang Xian took a step forward and said calmly, "If you strangle me to death, we won't be able to go down the mountain."

Ming Si was so annoyed that she let go of her grip and gave him a light punch on the shoulder.

She had forgotten her initial discomfort.

In the club's hall, Ming Si changed her clothes and sat on the sofa, carefully propping up one foot.

Liang Xian glanced at her and found her little actions strangely cute, his lips curled unconsciously.

When Ming Si saw his smile, she felt it was suspicious.

She grabbed a throw pillow, "Liang Xian, are you secretly enjoying my misfortune now that I twisted my foot?"

"If I were secretly enjoying it," Liang Xian raised an eyebrow lightly, "I would make you hop down the mountain on one foot and record a video."

"Hmph!" Ming Si clenched her fist and hit the throw pillow.

Liang Xian felt that she was treating the throw pillow as him.

Sure enough, Ming Si became more spirited as she continued to hit the throw pillow.

He almost laughed out loud as bent down to snatch the throw pillow away from her, "You really have so much energy; I should have made you hop down the mountain."

Ming Si reached out to grab it, but Liang Xian lifted it gently, and she missed.

"Alright, take a rest for a while. I'll inform the boss and take you to the hospital," Liang Xian acted as if he wasn't just teasing her, and handed her the throw pillow again.

Although it was he who had taken her stuff first, in the end, he acted as if he was magnanimous by giving it back.

Ming Si refused to take it back, "You keep it."

The club's owner, observing from afar, felt that the two of them were arguing and quickly walked over, "What's going on?"

"It's nothing, she twisted her foot. I'm taking her to the hospital," Liang Xian put the throw pillow aside, "Tell Cheng Yu I took the car."