Seventeen

I continued to rub the bar of soap over my breasts and paid special attention to my nipples. They ached with arousal. I slipped a hand under the water and spread my knees. I was drenched, even under water.

I rubbed small circles around my bud, the sensation was overwhelming. I let my head fall back and a rather loud moan escaped my lips. I continued as climax built in my abdomen. Small moans escaped every so often.

I was about to reach ecstasy, hurrying my movements, when I heard him.

"I can smell you from down the hall." My eyes shot open and I covered myself. They widened as I took in his massive, shirtless frame. I whimpered at the sight. He took one step into the bathroom, two, three. Until he was directly in front of me. He crouched down in front of the tub, now eye level with me, and he whispered rather erotically, "I could hear your moans from across the castle, my dearest Davina."

He stared into my eyes, amusement dancing in his dark ones. I saw intense arousal in his as well. I could get lost in them, if I wasn't so completely and utterly humiliated.

His eyes took in all of me and lingered on my covered breasts. His eyes darkened even more. A grin danced on his plump lips and he tilted his head to the right, as if examining me.

My breath came so fast and hot and uncontrollably. I let myself look at him, really look at him.

His hair was down fully and brushed the tops of his wide shoulders. His biceps were massive. He had to work out every day. His chest had a light layer of hair, I had never been a fan of chest hair because Simon had it, but his was perfect. I felt the urge to brush my fingertips on it. It was perfect, not too much.

My lips parted as I admired him. His abdomen was perfectly sculpted. His skin seemed to be stretched to the max over his muscles. I didn't even know the body had that many muscles.

He had several scars that danced over his skin. Some were raised and some were not. They were all faint now.

I dared to let my eyes drop even lower, I saw a trail of light brown hair that disappeared under the waist of his pants.

I inhaled a sharp breath and tore my eyes away. I closed them and tried to gather myself. I hadn't found a man attractive in a very long time. Sure I'd seen some at the market who I thought were relatively handsome, but they would pale in comparison to the man before me.

This was dangerous. He was dangerous. I needed to remember who he was. He made sure to let me know before that he could end my life without even touching me. I forced my eyes open and met his. They slid to his lips and I licked mine. This desire for him was so overwhelming. So confusing.

He was so perfect, I wanted to taste him. I wanted to run my tongue along every inch of his skin and memorize it. My eyes met his once more and arousal still danced there. He spoke then.

"You really shouldn't think such vile things, Davina. I'm not sure you'd be able to handle it if they came true." He whispered as he rose and moved to a dark brown cabinet beside the tub. He pulled out a soft looking towel and passed it to me.

I was blushing even more than before, out of arousal and humiliation. Had I said that out loud? How had he known what I was thinking? I could've sworn I never spoke.

"You didn't. I sired you. I can hear your every thought. Your every emotion. And you mine." I rose from the water. He had turned around and I wrapped the towel around myself twice. I have never used a towel this large, it must have been designed specifically for him.

"What do you mean? You sired me? I-Im not sure I understand." He turned toward me. I never heard any of this thoughts, at least I didn't think so.

I had stepped out of the tub and it was draining. I felt so small under his gaze and I was still so embarrassed that he caught me doing what I was doing. And on top of that he heard what I thought about him.

He sighed deeply, like he had given this speech millions of times. "I turned you. My venom flows through your veins. This means you are sired to me. We are connected for eternity. If one of us dies, the other will experience excruciating emotional pain for as long as we live. Many Vampires end their lives because of it." I shifted on my feet and looked at my toes.

That was incredibly intense. Why would anyone even want to sire someone if that was the risk? He continued his explanation, "This also means I can command you to do whatever I need or desire. Like I did in the hall of the auction."

I tried to process what he was telling me. I do distinctly remember not being able to control myself when he told me to look at him. I thought maybe my fear overruled my stubbornness.

I felt slight anger rise with me. He could command me to do anything he desires. To me, it was just a matter of time before he demanded I get on me knees for him. Or his friends.

Or perhaps all of them at once, like Simon. I shuddered at the thought and swallowed hard. I cleared my mind and thought about what he told me. There was one question that kept popping up in my mind, why do this to me?

He continued, "Many pair's can hear the other's thoughts through the sire bond. All can sense and feel the emotions of one another. We can find one another by scent and by bond." He stopped talking to let me process. I moved to lean against the tub. This was so intense I understood what he was saying, but not why.

"It must get pretty overwhelming, feeling so many people's emotions, hearing their thoughts." I said, albeit cautiously. How did he survive with that constantly in his mind. How could he be himself?

He tilted his head in confusion. "What do you mean?" He spoke softly, although I could tell the question threw him off, he looked confused.

"With all of the people you've turned, all of the women." I said and didn't dare look at him. It was clear to me that I would just be more of a burden for him to hold. Why did he even bother? Now we were stuck together for eternity. I had to get out of here. "You made a decision that will tie us together for eternity, an emotional, knee-jerk decision." I shook my head and scoffed.

"I think you misunderstand. You are the first human I've ever turned. In 800 years of being on this earth, you are the first..." His voice was incredibly soft.

His eyes caught mine and I knew he could see the shock in them. My mouth opened and shut, trying to figure out what to say.

I composed myself and asked, "Why did you turn me?" I had to know, was it impulse, desire, control?

"I-I don't really know. I guess I was just so stunned that you looked at me. You never broke eye contact. Most people can't even lift their heads in my presence. It gets rather old." He laughed dryly and rubbed the back of his neck with his hand. "It felt like the first time since I'd been crowned king that someone saw me. There was just something about you, and then you mouthed off and I saw such strength amongst your obvious beauty, and I guess I just...wanted more."
Wanted more? What the fuck did he think this was? Was I just an object to him? Wanted more.

I pulled the towel closer to myself and walked out of the bathroom, sitting on the bed. I was angry. I was tired of people deciding things for me. Who did he think he was? I didn't care if he was the King of WarHaven. Fuck him. I was seething. This anger was so much deeper than when I was human. I felt as though I could burn this castle to the ground, and him with it. And I might just do that.