Eighteen

He followed after me. "You're angry." He said blankly.

"I need clothes." He walked to a chest and pulled out a dark brown gown and passed it to me. The material was so very soft. I went into the restroom and quickly changed before coming out, my eyes on my feet. I was breathing as deeply as I could. Trying to control my anger, as not to set his off.

"You know nothing about me. You had no right to bind me to you for eternity. Like I said, if you plan on keeping me as a slave, or a trophy, you might as well kill me now. Before I do it for you. I will not be enslaved to you. King or not." I said firmly. And I was telling the truth, if I couldn't escape this place, I would end me life.

The gown had a sweetheart neckline and showed off a little bit of cleavage. It had see through bishop sleeves that reached my wrists. The bodice was simple, only the seams framed my breasts and the caging went down my stomach. It stopped mid calf and was loose around my hips and legs. I felt very comfortable in it and it felt like it was made for me.

"I did have a right. And you will do nothing of the sort, in fact for that comment I will have a guard with you day and night." He was so quick to make decisions. I irritated me.

"I don't need a babysitter. And whether you give me one or not, I will get out." I looked him directly in the eye as I promised this to him, and he knew I was telling the absolute truth.

There was a small pair of kitten heels on the rug, they were golden and I slipped them on.
I had never worn clothing this nice and I was crawling in my skin. I didn't want to damage the dress, least I have a debt to work off...or fuck away.

At least things didn't seem terrible so far. I haven't been beaten or abused, starved or whipped. I needed to keep that in mind, but also remeber that just because someone doesn't commit such horrible atrocities to another, doesn't make them a good or even decent creature.

King Augustus was there, fixing his matching brown suit. The jacket lined with gold. His cuff links and shoes were gold as well.

"Then prove it." He said as he fixed his tie.

He looked delicious. I didn't tell him that, though. I was still upset. Although I felt comfortable enough to speak without being spoken to, at least in his presence alone. These were all good things, although the legends about him had to come from somewhere.

I needed to play it cool until I could escape, I didn't even know where I was. I had my jar of warnings that I could retrieve and I could be on my way to a new life. A quiet life.

His eyes settled on me and darkened once again. He took his time admiring me and circled me closely. I closed my eyes and let him. He did give me the dress after all.
Although I did feel quite uncomfortable with being admired like a prized cow.

"What a beautiful thing I've created." He whispered in my ear. Goosebumps rose on my neck and chest and I stepped away from him. Oh he created me? Does God get no credit? And thing? Does he see me that below him? I'm a thing? An object.

I rolled my eyes and hugged myself. I was trying my best not to go off on him. It didn't even surprise me. All men saw all women that way, as objects to be used. Vampire males and human men were more similar than I thought.

"Are you hungry?" I nodded and my stomach growled at his question. I wonder if I could eat, my throat still had a dull ache, but my stomach felt hungry.

He must've heard my question in my mind because he answered aloud, "You can survive off of blood alone, but the body still craves human food, at least within the first few years on your new existence. Eventually it doesn't matter and blood alone is fine, but Vampires always have the option." He said as we walked from the room into the hall. We turned right and he continued, "Many older Vampires choose not to consume human food, as to avoid the...bowel movements." He said sheepishly. I nodded along.

I did feel quite hungry. I hadn't eaten in a while, I threw up that oatmeal that Victeria had given me and I hadn't eaten since.

We continued down a massive staircase and into an entry hall. We walked some more and turned left into a dining room, or dining hall I'd say.

The table was stuffed with the most food I've ever seen all at once.