13

You woke up on the couch covered in blankets, multiple, with a curly haired boy asleep on the floor in front of you. You remember falling asleep next to Eric on the couch, and he fell asleep first..and where did all these blankets come from? We only had two last night, one for each of us, so how..

    Just as you were contemplating what happened while you were asleep last night, Eric stirred awake. He sat up and rubbed his eyes before looking around. He looked behind himself and once he saw you he looked like a weight had lifted off him.

   "Morning." He said. He had quite the morning voice, it was deeper than his natural voice, but still cute. You nodded in response, it was too early in the morning to be having a conversation. Thankfully, he understood, he wasn't really in the mood to talk either after last night. He stood up and went to take a shower. Once he was done, he called out a warning, so you covered your eyes as he retreated to his room to get dressed. You showered after him and remembered he probably smells like a girl now since he showered with your products. 

    The main bathroom, the only one with a shower, was connected to your room, so you had no problem retreating to get dressed. When you came back out, Eric looked stressed. He was looking at something on his phone and his leg was bouncing. "Is something wrong?" You asked as you sat beside him. He hesitated before telling you.

    "About last night.." He started. You listened attentively, you wanted him to know you cared about what made him upset. He spoke slowly and calmly, as if carefully handpicking each word for the perfect bouquet of an explanation. In so many words, he told you that 'something' had happened, and he was no longer able to continue his tour with Ash. You decided not to pry further because obviously he had a reason for whatever he wasn't telling you. You weren't that close yet.

    "I'm sorry." You offered comfort even though you didn't really know how. He smiled at your efforts and proposed an idea to lighten the mood. "Lets get breakfast somewhere with Ash and Raquel!" You told him it was a great idea. You completely forgot this might be the last chance you get to spend time with Eric before he leaves Arizona.