19

What actually happened yesterday?

    Eric tapped Lei's shoulder lightly in an attempt to wake her up. She had fallen asleep forty minutes before the movie ended. He called her name while starting to gently push her. 

    Lei opened her eyes and looked around confused for a moment before remembering where she was. She felt Eric's arm around her and realized she had been sleeping on him for half of their date. Eric didn't even mind, he was very happy with his brand new adorable video of her snoring. He thought of them in the future, looking back on the video and her embarrassed face.

    "Good evening." He said teasingly. She mumbled back sleepily as he stood up and held out his hand for her to take. She held his hand and stood up while he lead her down the stairs of the theatre. 

    They both knew what they were doing next, but pretended they had more time together, at least while they were in the car. They played each others favorite songs and sang to them together but when they walked into Lei's apartment, they couldn't act so happy anymore.

    Eric spoke to Ash briefly and they decided he would come back to Connecticut with him, since Eric's family considered him family too, and he was also mildly upset about what had happened. Raquel also asked to go to the airport with them to say goodbye, and to be there for Lei.

    Lei helped him pack his things back into his bags and put them into the car before they went to get everyone else. Raquel sat behind Lei and Ash was behind Eric. When they went to pick up Ash, they also got the rest of Eric's belongings from the bus and put it in the trunk along with all of Ash's stuff. A lot of personal space was sacrificed in order to make everything fit, but nobody cared as long as they could all have a chance to say bye. Everyone felt how tense it was but they attempted to ignore it and still laughed and joked together while they could.

    Eventually, they reached the airport. Raquel offered to help Ash carry his stuff while Lei helped Eric. Thanks to Lei's incredible time management skills, they only had to wait twenty minutes before they were called to board their flight. However much Eric wished he would have missed it, he knew he had to be home right now.

    Raquel swiftly pulled Ash away to speak to him, leaving Eric and Lei alone. Eric saw as her expression softened and she frowned. Once he noticed her nose turning red he pulled her into a hug and began to finally speak. He comforted and assured her, "I'll come back and see you as soon as I can I promise, okay?" He told her he'd be calling everyday, and she almost cried harder because she didn't have to ask. 

    She stepped back and started wiping her tears with her hands before he pulled them away. He pulled his sleeves down and gently pat her face to dry the tears, just as Ash and Raquel reappeared from seemingly nowhere. 

     They handed the boys their luggage and watched as they boarded the flight, turning around to wave back at them. They waved and smiled back but their expressions quickly changed when they were no longer in sight. Neither of them cried, and they tried to think of it positively, if possible.

    Lei began to drive away from the airport and heard Raquel's phone ring. She watched out of the corner of her eye as she picked up the phone of the unknown number and put it on speaker. "Hey.." A very shy Ash said. Lei looked at her shocked. "Oh my god?" She mouthed to her. Raquel smiled widely and winked before saying hi back to the boy. Ash said hello to Lei too and the three of them spoke until Raquel was home. 

    Lei entered her apartment and the silence was deafening. She decided to do some laundry to distract her self and also played some music. While she transferred the dirty laundry into the washer, she saw something weird. As she picked up the unfamiliar tank top, one of Eric's song's began to play from her shuffled playlist. Perfect timing. She threw the shirt into the laundry before trudging back to her bed.