14. Hospital

Luis.

When I woke up I was sitting in the hospital bed blinding lights shining down on my face.

"Took you long enough." I heard a familiar voice say.

I sat up putting a hand to my pounding head to see JJ sitting on the chair next to my hospital bed and reading a sports direct magazine. "What the hell are you doing here?" I asked confused.

She shrugged, "hiding from Igor."

I'm I nodded still a bit unsure, I thought Bombosa was supposed to be the one who came with me. "He's coming in his car, there's just tons of traffic in case you were wondering." JJ piped up as if reading my mind.

"Right." I replied, "did I get the goal at the end? Did we win?"

She nodded, "oh yeah and that weirdo was disqualified just so you know. Because they all thought he gave you a concussion. Also what kind of brute force cracks a fucking helmet? He was insane."

"You don't have to tell me." I replied leaning back in my bed, "do I have a concussion? Can I still play?"

JJ pursed her lips thoughtfully, "truthfully? I have no clue, from what I've heard you were just a bit dehydrated and then the hit came on top of that and it was all too much so it knocked you out. I don't think there's actually anything wrong with you, but I'm not a doctor and they didn't tell me shit."

"Fair enough." I replied fixing the setting on the bed so that I was sitting up more.

The phone rang and I picked it up frowning, "hello?"

"Oh, hey Luis it's Vi. Good to know you're back at your senses, can you put JJ on?" She asked cheerfully.

"Sure." I replied hoarsely, how had she even gotten my room phone number? "It's for you Jerome." I told her passing the phone.

"Oh, thanks." She replied leaning over to take it, "hey Vi, what's up?"

I could see her expression darken as the conversation went on, "that fucking bastard. Of course he did why am I not surprised." JJ muttered angrily her eyes flashing.

"What's going on?" I asked her.

"One second." She replied holding up her hand as they wrapped up the conversation and she got up to slam the phone down. "I cannot believe him!"

"Who?" I reiterated trying to draw her attention back to myself.

"Igor! Who else would be that fucking awful?" JJ ranted, "he paid the weirdo to hit you, I mean how pathetic is that? This is so typical, you threatning his fragile ego and because he is the pincale of toxic masculinity he goes an pulls this. I am so, so sorry I dragged you into this."

"Don't be." I reassured her. "I knew exactly what I was getting myself into when we started this. I'm not about to bail on you now." I couldn't exactly say I was surprised Igor had done that, he seemed like exactly the kind of asshole to pull something like this.

"But if you want to back out I totally get it, because it shouldn't have to affect your games. And when you play Igor and the Icelandic team he will be the biggest of asshole to you." JJ told me.

I shook my head, "he doesn't scare me. I will gladly piss him off a little. He sounds like the kind of guy who doesn't hear no often."

She snorted, "that would be because he doesn't. His parents spoil him rotten."

Bombosa walked in breaking up the conversation and starting some blah blah lecture that I was really in no mood to hear. JJ even left shooting me a symathetic bored face on the way out. Apparently the doctors said I was fine because he bascially all but dragged me out of bed.