5√

I sighed heavily. I was sitting on the bed facing the laptop on my lap. I'm looking at Clint's records. I was not mistaken in thinking that he was sick.

It's a good thing that his condition is getting better little by little since the Von Silvas adopted me. If my brain had been slow, everything would be late. Because the reason why he got sick was so that I could go to the Von Silvas.

It didn't happened in Iri's memory in my head and surely it's the same as the novel. But because of my change, the schedule changed and Von silva's adoption of me was not going to happen, but fate made a way. Clint had an incurable disease so he gave me to Von Silva out of fear of being neglected. And if I persist Clint will surely die so I can go to the Von Silvas.

I clicked my tongue. I stood up and went to the window to calm myself down.

In that incident, I was slapped with the fact that this is just a novel and I'm just a character.

Well, that's not my problem. From the very start I don't have a care if everything was true. This is my world now.

A few days have passed since Von Silva adopted me. Our relationship was okay. But we only meet once because they are busy people. I didn't even meet their only son, Zhask yet. It's clear as the water that that one doesn't like me, he is avoiding me.

I have no problem with Zhask and I have no interest in him either so I don't care. Let him be stress alone.

Someone knocked on the door of my room. I recognized that person outside because of the way she knocked. Calm, soft and weak. I pretended not to hear it and just kept looking at the dark sky.

It's evening and the night sky is so beautiful just like my life when I came to this world. When the moon and stars disappear the sky will lose its light and vitality. It will be so dark and sad in the feeling.

I heard the door open slowly.. I turned to Celine, my adopted mother. She was peeking at the door and I could see the surprise in her eyes when she caught me still awake.

Her eyes turned to my laptop that was on the bed and was still turned on. Clint's face was displayed there. The surprise in Celine's eyes doubled, there's a trace of disappointment in her eyes.

Her eyes returned to me and I could read every emotions in her eyes. She thinks i'm longing for Clint. Leading her emotions is pity for me because of the realization.

She came to me and hugged me gently.

"I'm sorry dear. We didn't know you were having a hard time. But one day you'll understand why we did it."

Of course I knew. They owe Clint and to repay it they adopted me because they found out that Clint has an incurable disease.

I understand but...you know. Clint is the only one I trusted, I am secure only in his presence . Because I know he has nothing else to do for me but to protect me and give me a good life even if I show him the real me.

In the past two years I've been with him, I've gotten to know him better. Even if he knows for sure that I am not his daughter, he will still understand me because I need him. He is understanding.

I just want to laugh sarcastically at the people who chose to turn their back at him.

____
Everyone inside the Von Silva mansion is preparing for Zhask's upcoming 6th birthday. He is three months older than Iri.

I left my room and wandered around the entire mansion. I greet the workers I see, even though they are busy, they also greet back with a genuine smile. They are nice to me even the fact that I'm just an adopted child of their boss.

Actually, the rest of them weren't like this at first, but they gradually became gentle as I spent time here.

There was someone who did not respect me at first and looked down on me. But I was glad to deal with it, because i don't like that one's behavior.

I heard piano playing. I walked towards where the sound was coming from and there was a pianist playing.

I hum as I liked the music. I couldn't stop myself from dancing and twirling. I was even holding the hem of my yellow dress.

they smiled sweetly as if they were looking at something joyful. I think the pianist noticed me because he looked at me and smiled and made the playing even more beautiful.

Some even stopped for a moment just to watch me. Well, I don't mind.

"Who are you?"

I stopped dancing when someone spoke behind me. A young voice but his speech was firm and as if he was angry.

I turned around and was met by a boy around my age. The first thing I noticed was his green eyes looking at me intently. The shape of his eyebrows are continuous, adding to his glaring look.

I noticed the panic of the workers and their immediate action due to the presence of the newcomer.

I turned back at the boy and continued walking. I waved at the pianist who glanced at our direction while still playing.

"What the fuck!! I'm talking to you little trash!" Said by Zhask.

Miraculously our paths crossed, meanwhile in the past few days I haven't even seen a shadow of him. If they hadn't mentioned his name to me, I might not have known he existed.

And for the first time we met, I knew what kind of person he was. He even cussed and called me trash huh?!

I ignored it and continued walking. Heard his angry shouts at me just because I turned him away.

____

I was in the pool area while the celebrity was happening in the garden. I was accompanied by two maids who entertained me. Celine didn't want me to go there because Zhask didn't want to see me.

Actually, of all of us, Celine was the one who want me to be close with Zhask, but it's the latter's birthday so she doesn't want to ruin it.

"Young miss, do you want something to eat?" One of the maids asked.

"Its up to you!" My answer

"Alright!"

The other one left and when she came back there were two maids with her and both of them brought a lot of food.

I inhale harshly. Is it a fat pig who is going to eat?

"Madame sent you all of this young miss."

I just nodded.

"Just put it there and....I want to be alone." I said

They immediately followed. When they all gone, I jumped into the pool. I let my body sink to the bottom of the water.

I didn't try to swim. Until I sat under the water while leaning on the side.

The water is warm and relaxing. When I look up I will be dazzled by the light of the sun.

I don't know how long I was underwater. But I don't seem to run out of breath. I was tired for no reason and my mind was blank.

When I sensed someone coming, I got out of the water.