Chapter 11

Ivy POV

It's the last game of the season. We are winning by 24 points. I am running down the court, and I go to make a layup, and the other team pushes, and I feel the worst pain in my left arm. Paige rushes up to me as tears stream down my face. The pain is terrible. I am helped off the court, and paige tried to stay by my side, but I didn't let her. "Paige, go win the game." She gives me a hesitant look but then goes back to the game.
We end up winning the game, but my wrist is fractured, and I have to sit out for the next 5 months.
"Ivy, can we talk." I look up and see paige standing at the door.
"Sure." She comes and sits down on the chair next to me.

"How are you feeling."
"Like my wrist was just fractured." I laugh out a little.
"Vee, when I broke up with you, I didn't want to. I had to make a decision." I'm really confused by her words.
"What do you mean, had to make a decision."

"Caroline threatened to tell the coach that we were dating if I didn't break up with you, and I couldn't let her ruin it." I smile, and the only thing I could think of is kissing her, so I lean forward, and I kiss her.
"I've missed you so much, paige."

The past few months have passed, and my wrist is getting better, but it still hurts to play basketball. I've been easing back into things. It's our off-season, so we don't have any games. I'm at the gym trying to play, I didn't tell anyone I was here because every time I try, they stop me.

"What are you doing here, Ivy?" I hear an angry voice. When I turn around, I see paige staring at me.
"Oh hey Paige." I smile slightly.
"Baby, you shouldn't be here." (Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, we got back together, and coach knows)

"I know, but I need practice, or else my wirst is never gonna get back to normal." She walks up and to me and pulls me into a hug. "Vee, just come back to the dorm. Your wrist will get better when it heals." I sigh, and I give in to her.

"Fine, I'll come back with you." I grab my stuff from the locker room. I went to walk out of the room, and I wasn't paying attention, and I fell on my wrist. I scream out in pain. Paige comes running in the room.
"Ivy, are you okay." She helps me up and sets me on the bench.

"It really hurts." Tears pour from my face. She grabs our medical kit and wraps up my wrist. "Please, don't tell anyone."
"I can't not tell anyone. Your wrist could be hurt even more."
"No, it's fine, I promise, please, for me." I pleaded her to keep the secret, and she eventually gave in.
"Okay, fine." I hug her with one arm.

When we get back to the dorm, I go take a shower, and when I get back, I see Paige lying on my bed with one arm behind her head. She's in a sports bra and some sweatpants. She looks so hot just lying there.
"Take a picture it'll last longer." I turn red at her words. I go lay next to her and wrap my hands around her waist.
"I love you, Paige Madison Bueckers."
I lay my head on her chest. And she starts whispering in my ear, "Happy Birthday Ivy."
"You remembered."
"I did, and we have a great day planned tomorrow."
I soon fall asleep, and when I wake up, she's not next to me, but there's a note.

"I soon fall asleep, and when I wake up, she's not next to me, but there's a note

I put on some jeans and a red blouse. And I follow the roses. I see azzi standing with an arrow. I follow it and see paige standing there with a bouquet of lilies and roses.
"Ivy, I love you, and I couldn't imagine not being with you."
I smile at her and run to her and hug her.
"I love you so much paige, this is the best birthday present ever."
She pulls out a ring. I gasped at it.
"This is a promise ring. I promise that nothing is ever getting between us, and we are never being apart again." She slips the ring on my finger, and I kiss her. Everyone cheers for us, and we break apart, and we both laugh.