The Investigation (1)

THE investigation room was very quiet. It wasn't really a investigation room, just the most simplest hotel room and the famous three detectives were inside, checking on the files.

"There's about only about eight people." Christian frowned, ruffling his hair, color of dirty blonde, and looked at Joelle for an answer.

Joelle Vincent shrugged. "They're the only and main people who have a close bond in with our victim, in or out."

She was tall as heck and is also a beauty that even Jackson himself has a crush on her which lasted a few months when he's joined in the detective force. But she was stern alongside playful and wouldn't even allow people to be mean to her boss, Theo and being his secretary and all, nearly just a partner and truly a younger sister to him besides Yvonne, the pathologist.

"Why is she also among them?!" Theodore frowned upon seeing a familiar picture in a file along with a familiar name. "This is a bit preposterous to me."

"Tiana?! I thought you finally moved on from her, man." Jackson looked at him, a bewildered look on his features.

"I moved on from her! It's just that seeing her at the church opened old wounds and rubbed salt on them!" Theodore defended himself, opening the file. "Oh wow, I did not so expect her to be Rosalie Meadows's school best friend. What a bummer," He scoffed, rolling his eyes.

Joelle tightened her lips, muttering something that was too inaudible for the rest to answer. She checked her phone as she stared at it. "They're already here and entering the hotel. Which one would you guys investigate first?"

"Definitely, Mr Meadows first. We haven't met him first." Christian decided and then he smacked Jackson to stop playing a very annoying game on his phone and focus!

A knock on the door made the three to sit up straight and Joelle stiffened a laugh as she went over to open it, becoming really straight as a ruler and a cold expression is taking over. "Welcome Mr Meadows and come over in."

A man then entered with blonde hair with tints of grey in them and dark blue eyes so cold that it pierced someone when making contact. He strutted over, in his smart and westernized suit, looking confident but it's apparent his eyes has reddened.

"Welcome, sir, please take a seat." Theodore said, gesturing to the seat in front and Mr Meadows simply sat down, his eyes suddenly hardening.

"S-sir, I'm Jackson Seagull, he's Christian Brown and this is Theodore Smith and we are pleased to meet you, Marcus." Jackson felt unnerved by Marcus's eyes and stutter a little at the beginning.

Marcus Meadows leaned back. "I've heard a lot about you three, always solving crimes and whatnot but never in my time will be meeting you over my daughter's case." He choked up a little.

An uncomfortable tensed silence fell over the room that everyone cringed slightly as they said nothing. Joelle coughed so many times and was considering to leave if any body haven't said anything yet.

"Sir," Christian finally found his voice. "We are really sorry about her death and we promised to find the killer as soon as we can and serve you justice."

"We need to ask a few questions about your relationship with the victim? Is that okay, sir?" Jackson said hesitantly but he eased down once Marcus nodded.

"Are the relationship between you and Rosalie strained or deeply strong like a healthy relationship?" Theodore started, gesturing to Christian to jot the answers down.

"We've very quite close and sometimes on Sundays, we'll meet up in my study in my house and talked about something that we have in common." Marcus answered and Christian was jotting down.