The Investigation (2)

CHRISTIAN never thought he could be so affected by just a lady he met in a single  day. The moment he laid eyes on her, he has swore to himself to protect her, and regardless of the risks that may follow.

How could he not? The girl lost her twin, her best friend and the only person she'd always count on in just one day. She was so broken, pale and shaking in his arms as he helped her up on the chair, groaning a bit internally. She looked haggard with a pair of sunken eyes that probably shined before...could he ever see that shine?

Or the smile that will tug her lips? Will he be able to stay by her side? Could he even see her again after this case?

He sighed, setting down again. "We really believed you, Roseanne, and wouldn't be judging you for committing the murder as we know you didn't do it. Investigation is really priceless and we have to figure out who's the killer before they kill somebody else."

"I know, and I trust you three to try but I would love to take part in this case, for an apology to my sister from the skies. Can I do so?" Roseanne looked determined, the paleness on her face turning to ruddiness.

"You can, but when mission are risky, you are bound to stay away." Theodore said so coldly that Roseanne looked at him for the most longest time.

"Do you have a sibling?" She suddenly ask and Theodore widened his eyes, not even expecting her to ask her this question but he slowly nods. "A younger sister," but he looks away, refusing eye contact.

"I have a younger sister too." Jackson says lightly and Roseanne leaned back, crosses her arms and looked annoyed for a bit and narrowed her eyes suddenly.

"Then, I bet you two don't understand my pain in this life." Then she slammed her fist on the table and stood up, tensing and leaving the room, shutting the door with a loud bang!

Theodore scowls. "What's her problem?"

Jackson shrugged as Christian replied, "I think we should just keep it easy on her as she lost her twin, no doubt."

Theodore even scowls further as the door opened and Chase Anderson entered the room, a cold face of pure stoicism and he was clad in a white shirt, bringing out his light blonde hair.

"Sit down." Joelle scowls upon seeing his cold face but he didn't move an inch, just crossing his arms and glaring at the three detectives somehow.

"SIT DOWN!" Joelle screamed at him, her patience running thin. Chase squinted his eyes and mumbled something, dragging a chair and sitting down instead of the chair they had brought out. Seeing this, the rest in the room instantly rolled their eyes.

"What's your relationship with Rosalie?" Jackson meant no joking matter as he'd caught the faintest smile lingering right on Chase's lips, giving him a eerie feeling that shook him to the bones.

"We're soulmates, presumably lovers and we are happy together, getting married..." Chase trailed off as something dark shows in his eyes. "Then everything changed."

Christian raised a hand. "We're not here to listen to your shenanigans, Chase. All we want to know is why you fought with the victim yesterday? What time?"

Chase breathed a sigh. "It was around like three thirty and I called her straight away, and I was angry at her because she took it, the title that belongs to Rosé, to Sam and as much as I respected my cousin, this is crossing the line,"

"You fought with her only because Rosalie gave the maid of honor to Samantha just at the last minute?" Christian pressed on. "How close are you with Roseanne that it seemed fit to you to call your fiancée? It's quite suspicious in this matter."