Everything Is Going To Be Okay

THEODORE opened the door, revealing the mailman with a box of his donuts and a plastic cup of latte from the downtown cafe, and a purple envelope with a plastic heart in the middle.

Is today Valentine's Day? Theodore said in his mind when the mailman gave him his order and gently savored the smell of the creamy donuts, confused as he closed the door. He groaned; he should have a habit of checking the date everyday as he wakes up.

"Ahh!" He jumped back, suddenly just to see Jennie right behind him, her hungry eyes fixated on the box of donuts and she has the audacity to even pout and gave the puppy eyes!

"Can I have some? The smell woke me up so you owe me." She pouted more, acting like a child who's begging for candy and he stifled a laugh, wondering that she was looking really cute. He analyzed her, and realized she was right. Her pajamas are a bit crumpled and she has her bed hair.

Seeing that Theodore was looking at her for much longer than she expected, blood rushed to her cheeks and she took this as an opportunity to swiftly run to him and taking the box away, running away as she cackled like a maniac.

"HEY! GET BACK HERE WITH MY DONUTS!" Theodore roared playfully, as he chased after her around the house as a laugh echoed, his. He had never felt really happy and playful for such a long time as his last meeting with Jane, scarred him a bit too deep. He lunged forward, and then jumped, circling his arm around her thin waist and pulling her to him. They laugh as they fell down on the couch, her on top of him suddenly.

Jennie suddenly stopped to stare at his laughing face, his sexy pink lips pulled back into a boxy smile, showing off its pearly whites, his black eyes crinkled, while his brown short hair fell over his eyes, giving him a radiant glow.

When has he become so handsome? And how did I notice our intimate position?! She thought, blushing furiously. She was practically above him, her hands on both his sides, and her face so close to hers that his warm hot breath fanned her face and just a lean in, and their lips would touch! Her heart was beating faster on the mere thought of their lips colliding. How will he taste though?

Meanwhile in her inappropriate thoughts, she didn't even notice Theodore looking at her already, not laughing and something's shining in his eyes, close to warmth and softness. He had these intents in his eyes for the brunette in front of him, and just by looking at her cute dazed face, he has truly felt she meant something to him at the very moment she walked into the interrogation room aka the hotel room.

Then, suddenly, his eyes shrinks in stoic coldness and his smile slipped off as he sat up straight, causing her to back off, and falling to the ground with a thump.

"Ouch!" She moans in pain. "Are you mad or crazy?!" She turned to glare at the man but softened gradually, upon seeing how he's breathing heavily as if tormented by something and something hammered at her heart, an unbearable pain spreading through her body as she stood up.

"You okay, Theo?" She asked softly as she sat beside him. "You know, I'll always be here for you as a friend." She has no idea why she hated the term "friends" when it was coming to defining her and his bond.

But they're friends, aren't they?

They're nothing more than that.

"A friend?" Theodore looked disbelieving. "Did you ever have an ex or a sibling?" As he spoke, that haunting night flash in his head, causing his feeling to be rough and faster.

"I don't have a sibling." Jennie admitted. "I thought you might've known that by my file." She flushed. "I don't have an ex too, but I had a one-night stand with a bloke."