I am scared

Akosua

This all seems so surreal and unfathomable to me.

How did he know where I stay? What is happening to me?

I feel goosebumps and chills all over my body as I walk home but I decided to look back.

He's not there.

Where the hell did he pass? Am I hallucinating?

I am scared.

The last thing I remember was hugging him and crying. Strangely enough I feel comforted in his embrace and it weighs on me, how he understands what I was going through.

I just want everything, every pain, anger, loss...whatever I'm feeling, to go away and it did at that moment.

I received a call from Emefa as I entered my single room apartment.

"Hi girl, are you home yet?" She asks

"Yes I am" I reply

"Wow. That was fast. I didn't see you when you left" she says and was getting me confused

"I thought you were around when Pastor Elias came to meet me" I reply

"Pastor Elias? Meeting you?" She asks

"Yes. After bidding you goodbye and wanting to leave the church, he met with me."

"This is definitely strange," she says

"What do you mean?" I ask

"Are you sure you mean Pastor Elias was the one with you?"

At this point I was getting bored. What was she driving at.

"Yes, exactly so...why do you ask?"

"I ask because he was with me after you left and was asking about you"

"Seriously? Are you sure it was that same time?"

"Yes!" She exclaims.

"No -no.. it can't be possible." I try to reason "So what was he asking about?"

"He said he needed some details about you to fill a form for your membership to the church, so he can be checking up on you," she responds

Oh I now see how he got to know where I stay

"Is that allowed in your church? To be taking personal details of people...what if it gets to the wrong hands?" I ask full of concerned and worry

I don't know why he will be with me and was with Emefa at the same time, which doesn't make sense....perhaps she didn't keep track of the time. But I don't get this bit of sharing my personal details to him

"Yes it is allowed because you are new. Don't worry, you're safe. They wouldn't use it for harm. Pastor Elias is well respected here okay."

"I guess that's why he brought me home"

"What!"

"You heard me right. He brought me home because you gave him my address-location."

"I'm surprised. Why would he go to such lengths?"

"I'm also asking myself the same question and I don't even remember how he brought me home. It seems I was asleep in the car or something"

"Really? This is kind of creepy." She responds

"Uh huh"

"But I hope you're safe" she asks

"Yes I am"

We ended the call and my head begins to ache painfully. Perhaps it's because I hadn't eating since morning.

I massage my scalp for a while and take some painkillers.  I really need to eat something.

....

My thoughts are all over the place, going through my conversation with Emefa.

Is that possible? Was he with me whiles with Emefa?

Honestly, that man actually seems queer to me but whenever I'm with him I feel okay.

It's weird.

My phone rings again and it was a strange call..

"Am I speaking to Akosua Xorlali?" A woman's voice is heard

"Yes.. I'm the one"

"This is Roxter Hospital, your father has been admitted here"

"What!"

"He was found collapsed on the street by someone you need to..."

Before she could finish, I hang up and made my way to the hospital..

Oh God! What again.