2 || sunshine

GABRIEL ROSSI
"We need to find the girl." My father says, slamming the table with his rock hard tatted hands.

"I know, sir. She disappeared out of plain sight! We're trying our very hardest." One of his men said, scared to death. My father would execute if he had too.

Even tho I questioned his decisions when we found Camila, my father trusts me. I would feel bad betraying his trust, but he deserves it. I don't remember the last time my father ever accused me in the mafia.

"ey uh, Gabriel. Do you know something?" The man looked at me. I don't know his name, I only know few names. My father used these men, and if they didn't turn out good, he'd kill them. That's why I never bothered caring to learn the names.

"Do not accuse my figlo!" My father glared. I wanted to seem innocent.

"I don't. la voglio tanto quanto te" I stated. I was lying. The man looked down, nervously. I stood up, walking to the door, no one questioned me. I wanted out, I didn't know anything. They couldn't care less. (I want her just as much as you do)

                          ——————————

I open the door of my home and see Camila sitting on the floor. She looked like she had been contemplating her life.

I know the feeling.

"Camila?" I asked, as she looked up to me. She pushed herself off the floor. She had still been in a mood, probably still pissed at me. I can tell those things.

She stared at me. "It's been a fucking hour, and I don't even have my phone. You just left me, Gabriel!" She said, helplessly.

Fuck. It made her hotter hearing her say my name.

I put my arms around my back and bit my lip looking at her. "I'm sorry. I cant have the mafia expect I took you. We wouldn't want that would we sunshine?" I say, chuckling. She fits the nickname "sunshine." I think it makes her look even better.

She rolls her eyes. "Fucking asshole. Can I go home?" She yelled at me. I shook my head.

"No, sunshine. Let me show you where you'll be staying." I chuckle, giving her a small glance of my smile. She rolls her eyes, as I grab her arm leading her upstairs.

I know she tried pulling away. She was too weak.

We enter the bedroom, her bedroom. "It's right across from mine sunshine. That way no one can hurt you." I smile. She gives me a disgusted look.

"Stop with the sunshine. You kidnapped me!" She says walking into the room. I grin, knowing I want to add the fact she would've died if I didn't, so I basically saved her life, but to be fully honest. It wasn't relevant.

She sits on her bed, feeling the room. I Stare at her. I wish she had stayed in my bedroom. She looks at me, "I don't have any of my clothes, or any of my.." I cut her off, knowing she's gonna bring some stupid ass shit into this.

"Tomorrow I'll take you to the store, just you and me." I wink, walking out. I saw her eyes widen and I let out a grin that she couldn't see.

                       CAMILA DEVINTS

I woke up with a huge rumble in my stomach. Both because of the fact I was hungry, and because I remembered I was still at Gabriels.

I stood out of bed, I was going to take this as my time to run and leave, but as I open my bedroom door, I run into a huge, muscled chest.

Fuck.

"Going somewhere sunshine?" He laughs. I roll my eyes. I didn't realize how hot his body looked. I've been telling myself not to fall for this man, but at this point, I've given up.

"Hungry?" He asked, handing me a plate of waffles. "I prefer pancakes." I say, taking the plate and eating a huge bite. He chuckled, I was lying.

"Once your done, we'll had over to the shops, mia signora." He says, flattering me. (My lady)

Holy fuck he was hot when he spoke Italian.

I nodded, eating another of my waffle. I didn't face him all though. I've always been self conscious of my weight, when people saw me eat, I always stressed they'd think I was fat.

"Camila, you alright?" He asked, noticing me not even close to facing him. I nodded, again.

He walked over, grabbing my chin and pulling it to face him. My whole body moved as well. He raised an eyebrow, but didn't question.

I'd kick his ass if he did.

You don't question a girl on their insecurities, or even bring it up if they didn't say anything to you. I guess Gabriel knew that, even tho he was a stick up bitch.

He leaves my room. I was going to get ready for the store, obviously, but I ended up deciding to call my best friend, Jana.

I haven't talked to her in over a week. Not because something happened, or because we stopped talking. Because she got some boyfriend. Yes, I'm more than happy for her. Though she's become distant because of it. She says it's cause, "you change when you get a boyfriend." That's not true.

It's the first guy she's ever even dated. We used to call everyday, and now we just don't? Over her dating a guy? I know. It's quite ridiculous.

I dial her number, and I hear the phone buzzing. After a few rings, I hear her voice.

"Hello?" She says.

"Jana! Hey!" I say, smiling to hear her voice again.

"Listen, Cam, I cant talk." She says, annoyed.

"Oh. That's fine. Did something happen?"

"No."

"So what's wrong?"

"Camila, I don't have time for friend anymore. I'm dating someone, you don't get it. I'm hanging out with Leo. Bye." She says just before hanging up.

A tear rolls down my cheek. That's the worst excuse ever. She's changed. I wipe my tear off my face, wanting to throw myself under the covers and cry.

It hurts losing a best friend. Especially one that you've known since you were 8.

Fuck.

Why does this hurt so much? I've been through worse? I think to myself, pushing myself up to get ready.

I need to forget.

Some things in life, have to come to an end.

                     AUTHORS NOTE:

What do y'all think??? I really hope you like it!
Im so sorry for these short chapters. They take so long to write and in my head there long but there really not!

No but Jana actually pisses me off. What are y'all's predictions on her? For future events possibly?

Follow my TikTok: rayasdreamlove
Same as this account!

Love always, Raya