5 || trust

I woke up with an extreme headache.

Ugh, I must be hungover.

I tilt my body in my bed, looking at the alarm clock on the nightstand. Already 11?

I turn my body back to the middle of the bed, staring at the ceiling, trying to remember last night.

Then, it hit me.

I push myself out of bed, and run to the bathroom that was to the right of my room. I shut the door locking it before putting my head above the toilet, throwing up, a lot.

After a minute, I hear a loud bang on the door. "Camila, open the door." A voice says, very loudly commanding me.

I keep my head over the toilet. I didn't want to risk throwing up more, and miss the toilet. That's embarrassing, I wouldn't want Gabriel seeing.

"Camila. Now." He demands. His voice just dropped to more serious, and holy fuck did it scare me.

I was terrified, and slowly unlocked the door before shifting my head, fast, back towards the toilet. He walks in and grabs my hair, holding it above my head as he rubs my back.

I only threw up a little more before I flushed the toilet sitting up.

He sat down next to me and shut the toilet seat. He didn't take his hand off my back, but he let go of my hair.

"Your hungover." He says, looking at me.

"Well no shit." I say. I hate dumbasses.

"Don't talk like that to me, luce del sol. If you weren't you, I'd kill you." He grins. (Sunshine)

Oh shit.

I would be pissed that he said that, though the "if you weren't you" threw me off. What does that mean? That I'm special?

I sure didn't feel special.

I stand up, as he stands up with me, following my every move. I open the bathroom door and walk to my room, before he grabs my waist, turning me to face him.

"Stay in my room. I don't trust you." He says, holding my waist as he leads me to his bedroom.

You'd think the real reason would be because he has a bathroom in his room, but no?

"Why don't you trust me?" I ask. I know we just met, but I don't like him, I'd like to hear something besides that part.

"Sunshine, you went to a party without telling me. You've tried leaving multiple times, do I have a good reason to trust you?" He says, treating me like a fucking child.

I guess he was right. I wouldn't trust me either, but you have to listen to my side. "Well don't you realize you also kidnapped me? I think I have a pass to do all that after what you did, which was worse." I state before sitting down in his bed.

It was warm.

He sits down next to me, I thought I got him, but he somehow has a comeback to every little word.

"And I also saved you. Don't forget about that part." He smiles, sitting inches away from me, staring at me.

I didn't know what to say to that. To be totally honest, he was right. I hate him, and all, for being in the mafia. I'm also scared as hell he's going to kill me, but he did save me.

I should be grateful.

"What did I do when drunk?" I asked, rewinding the topic. He smiles at the fact I changed it.

He shakes his head and shrugs, pulling the covers over me, over us.

What I did? Was It that bad? I know I can be stupid drunk, but not so bad where you can't tell me?

What if I called him hot? What if I told him something personal?

"Gabriel!" I yell back at him, he grins. He's having fucking fun.

"What did I tell you? Don't smile at me? This is serious!" I chant, before he holds his hands up in surrender, jokingly.

"Relax. You didn't tell me anything." He says, looking away from me. I really hope he's right. Because the shit I'm dealing with could get me killed.

I know, he wouldn't kill me, but. I never know what peoples minds can go to, he is in the mafia after all. He can't know anything about me.

I'm not planning to stay here for long.

——————

After a while of resting, and sort of.. sleeping. I decide to get out of his bed, walking towards the door of his bedroom.

I open the door, and jump, physically, as I see Gabriel standing there, leaning against the wall.

"Going somewhere, sunshine?" He grins, pulling himself off the door and crossing his arms.

"No I wasn't, where we're you?" I ask, changing the subject. Though I really wasn't lying. I was just awake, and sick of his dirty ass bed.

Even though, I really did like his scent.

He doesn't answer my question, and changes the topic as well. I can tell what he's been doing. Sneaking off to the "mafia." I don't get what he thinks it will do for him.

"Is your headache gone?" He asks, glaring at me.

"Yeah."

"What about your nausea?"

I nod.

He moves out of the way, allowing me through the door. I walk through the kitchen to see 2 guys sitting on the couch.

What the fuck?

I looked at Gabriel, I knew he could read lips, so I whispered, "I thought I was supposed to be a secret, who the fuck are they?" I mouth yell.

He grins, before speaking up, catching the guys attention. "This is Joey and Arnold. They know, sunshine." He adds.

God, I can't with the sunshine, In the most serious situations to, Gabriel?

"Greetings." One of them says.

Who the actual fuck says "greetings?"

"Bonjour, I'm Joey." One says.

Which concludes that the other one is Arnold.

"Why the hell did you bring them here? I don't want anything to do with the mafia!" I point to them as I yell at Gabriel.

He nods, pulling out a hand of reassurance. "Broke that a long time ago."

Is this some kind of joke to him?

Before I could argue in my defense, he puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Trust me, Camila."

——————

AUTHORS NOTE:

what do you think of this chapter?? Honestly took me a bit of brainstorming since I couldn't figure out how to bring some type of action. (Don't worry, lots of future events that I have planned that let's say are pretty crazy.)

I'm so so sorry it took me so long to publish this chapter. I broke my  finger and it was very difficult to write with one hand, so it took me much longer.

Any hopes, predictions for the next chapter??

- xo, Raya