14 - arcade games

DING DING DING

DING DING DING

I groaned, rubbing my eyes, I sluggishly sat up and kicked my fluffy blanket off, my hair was everywhere as I adjusted my eyes to the light that's beaming out of my curtains, stupid sun I shouldn't have opened the curtains wide.

I stared at the wall for a few seconds before my dad bursted into my room, his slippers loudly slapping on the wooden floor. I sighed knowing what he was about to say, I smiled and stared up at him.

"VALEN, YOU BETTER GET UP RIGHT NOW."
"Valen, you better get up right now."

My smile faltered into a scowl and I got up, my thighs already giving up and shaking, What the fuck?

I fell onto the floor, painfully scratching my knees on the creaking wooden floor, "Shit!"

My dads head snapped over to me and I smiled sheepishly, placing my elbows on the wooden floor and hurting it even more. I gave him an awkward nod.

He arched his brow, "I heard that."

"I didn't say that?"

"Yes you did."

"You know what, i dont give a fuck, you pop off girl!" He flicked a wrist and popped his hip out in a sassy manner.

My jaw went slack as I stared up at my now posing dad.

I grinned weirdly, "Hell yeah! you go girl!!" I copied his movement but on the floor, his eyes lit up in amusement and he scoffed sarcastically before stepping out of my room.

My lips curved up in amusement and I tucked them in between my mouth and biting on them, I slowly stood up being careful to not hurt my knees any more.

My gaze fell to them and I grimaced at the sight I was looking at, my knees were swollen and red.

I whined and held myself from aggressively rubbing them, I took my eyes off them and walked over to the window.

Pulling the curtains together firmly and shutting them, I turned around by my heels and started humming thoughtfully.

Wait a second.

I quickly spun around and ran back over to the window and I swiftly unclasped the curtains back open.

I looked down over to our side walk and noticed Zike leaning against the street light, a smug smirk on his face.

His head was tilted upwards and he was staring directly at me like he knew I would open the curtains again.

His arms were folded against his chest as he squinted his eyes preventing the sun from beaming into his eyeballs.

I kept staring, blinking dumbly as I tried to register and comprehend what was happening but before I could, he was already gone and in front of my front porch.