17 - that's not them.

"Valen?"

"Valen?"

"Dad... just 5 minutes.."

"Valen, it's your teacher." A few snickers made their way past my ear which made my eyes shoot open. I looked up and noticed my teacher, Ms. Allison, towering over me, her hand on my shoulder as she sighed in disappointment.

"Can you please shut your phone or put it into silent and stop sleeping? We're in the middle of a session." She pinched the bridge of her nose as she shook her head in irritation.

I nodded and slowly fixed my posture, "Oh my god these kids." She muttered under her breath but clearly me and Declan heard it since he sent a side eye my way.

I snickered and quickly looked down at my book, "What was that?" The teacher spun by her heels and Declan nudged me on my side with his shoulder discreetly.

"Nothing." I uttered and glanced down at my lap as I twisted a thread of my jeans that was sticking out between my fingers.

"Speak up."

I scoffed in a low voice before lifting my head up and smiling sarcastically, "Nothing, sweet teacher." She nodded a low and deep one before smirking.

"That's good." She walked away and Declan twisted his body to look at me, "Are you serious?" He squinted his eyes at me and shook his head.

My upper lip raised in disbelief as I copied his movements, leaning back on the seat, I sighed, "No, are you that dumb?"

He parted his lips to say something but the very sweet teacher interrupted us with her fist hitting the table abruptly, "Would you mind sharing the conversation you're having in the back?"

Is she not gonna leave us alone?

Declan shook his head and leaned forward towards the table pretending to write something, the teacher looked at me and cocked a brow making me sigh and lean forward copying Declan.

Her eyebrows furrowed together before she twisted back to the board slamming her ruler on the board yelling, "Alright! Listen here kids!"

A few whispers were heard with tiny bits of giggles, "Kids!" She shouted one more time, her ear splitting voice caused everyone to jump startled.

She groaned and rubbed her face with both of her hands in displeasure, I felt another nudge in my side but from my left this time.

I tilted my head to the left hastily in boredom, Lydia's eyes lit up and she grinned, her dimples making her appearance more sweet as they popped out.

She leaned in close to my ear, "Me and declan are going to this club tonight and I want you to join us!" She whispered enthusiastically.

I bit my lower lip and squinted down at my lap before sighing, "Okay." My lips parted but I quickly tucked them back in and smiled.