𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 4 | 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠.

You sat down with your Dad discussing recent events and how the demon village was going well including the recent encounter of Lancelot between the both of you

"What you're telling me is that Lancelot held onto my bag that whole time?"

"Yes Y/n", He sips the bit of tea he had in hand while looking through the window of your home.

"I still don't understand why you won't realize that Lancelot isn't as bad as you think"

You stun yourself with his words, slightly choking on the tea you were sipping on. You try to open your mouth but your dad knows what you're going to say. After all, he was a powerful magic user.

"Dad you don't understand it can't be out of the blue that he decides to finally be nice to me after all these years"

He chuckles at your words as he sets his cup down before facing you.

"I and the 7 Sins always joked about the old saying that a boy is mean to a girl when he likes her, Lancelot and you were always playing those types of games"

You roll my eyes at him before he decides to take his leave as he doesn't want to leave the demons unattended to after the whole incident. You waved him goodbye leading him out of your house with a hug and some herbs some of the dragons need after taking damage trying to restore the village. Despite being demons, they're still living beings too. They aren't any different to any other race among Britannia. You try to rest yourself before continuing on your work for the day, it was until the door to your shop opened.

"Sorry will be there momentarily!"

You quickly sat yourself up from your lounge dreading that you already had a customer immediately after wanting rest. As you approached the front of where everything was you spotted the tall blondie blocking the storefront. His hands jammed into his pockets as he glanced down at you.

"The witch of Lyonesse herself"

He half-played his words, a sly smile plastering his face. From where he was he propped himself up to be just a few inches away from his body.

"Did ya Dad give you your bag yet? You're a bit dumb to forget that"

He leaned over you a bit, with a questioning demeanor that had you taken aback, you did get your bag but why did he bother visiting you knowing that you'd get it eventually? 

"Oh shut up, if it weren't for me you would've been in much more shit for destroying Cant"

"Yeah? You would've lost more orders if it weren't for me ya know that?"

You look down to the ground trying to avoid eye contact with him because the way he is looking at you isn't like he always did, it's more...demanding.

"Why do you care about my business? I know you put more into my bag too!"

You look up at him with a flushed face, himself gets surprised by your reaction. He sighs and rubs his temple in what seems to be annoyance.

"Look I know I'm a shitty person to you, but I-"

He cuts his words off as he looks out the window behind you, seeing the explosion from the valley a few houses behind. He mutters to himself cussing out things unhearable.

"I have to go now, look I'll talk to you about this another time okay?"

He rests his hands on your shoulder before giving you a serious look.

"Just trust me on it, okay?"

You nod slightly as he pulled away and ran out the door, Fuck. Why do boys always do that?

🪼...

You sit down at the register singing off some papers and filling reports for the capital to clear out some recent orders for knights in need, as you mark your papers you hear the door to your shop open. You too focused on the current paper you were working on and only welcomed your customer in with eyes glued to the paper. You look up to find no one to be found in front of you.

"Over here!" 

You look down to see a kid with a long white dress and long beautiful hair, you get surprised by her attitude but being the bigger person and in age, you act to be nice to her.

"Hey kiddo, mind telling me why you're here? And where are your parents?"

She looks at you frustrated with her tiny face and she forms a face full of anger.

"It's all your fault, if it weren't for you Lancelot and I would've ended up together!"

You look at her all confused and tilt your head to the side in confusion as you chuckle lightly to her.

"I'm not sure what you're on about little girl, you can have Lancelot all for yourself I'm not planning to get with him any time soon"

You reply to her despite knowing that if you'd had to choose to stop being a witch or kiss Lancelot, you rather give up being a witch. She seemed even more pissed as she hopped up on your register kneeling to your face level.

"At least you're not his first kiss anymore! I kissed him!"

You laughed off at her face, surely that had to be a crime you could lock Lancelot up for. But you pause yourself for a second, what did she mean by I'm not his first kiss anymore…?

She hops off the desk and opens the door to your shop, quickly looking back at you.

"I've tried everything to separate you two, but nothing ever works!"

She shuts the doer bell leaving it to ring back and forth a few times before it fully shuts. You left there flabbergasted, confused about what she meant by you weren't his first kiss anymore.

You ponder in your thoughts before hearing the rush of urgency coming outside your door, the many people of Lyonesse running up to the castle in a hurry. You quickly exit your store seeing the group of holy knights surrounding a corner with 2 people, well not people. More like monsters, you quickly mumble to yourself.

"Today is so confusing…"

...🪼

🪼