Chapter 45 : Melting Away His Anger

We come back to our house, and I think it was written on our faces, that something has happened

We come back to our house, and I think it was written on our faces, that something has happened. As soon as we entered, everyone asked us about what happened at college.

"Karan challenged Dhruv for a car race" Shaurya told everyone

"And he agreed?" Aditi asked to Shaurya in shock while looking at Dhruv

"We tried to stop him, but yes, he agreed" I responded to Aditi

Dhruv was sitting at the couch at this time and Aditi kneeled in front of him and said,

"Dhruvu, look at me" placing her hands at his knees.

"Yes?" Dhruv looked at Aditi and I could see all the anger in his eyes melt away.

You know no matter how many times I feel that all this is a drama, but the way the both look at each other, it always feels like, they are meant to be.

The amount of trust Aditi has in Dhruv to cry in his embrace, that was never there with Shaurya, and maybe that's the reason why she is not possessive with Dhruv, because she trusts him and he can comfort her.

And the way Aditi melted away his anger, even I was never able to do that. I always felt his anger was uncontrollable, until now, when I saw Aditi calming him down just by the look of her eyes.Dhruv is like the air, the wind, pleasing and calming in a hot summer day, but if you try to disturb it's direction or speed, it can destroy you within seconds.

And I could see Aditi being the ground, the rock, the mountain, that would never harm you, and only protect you from the wind, but that doesn't mean you can break it.

"You promised me you are not going to overspeed the car from now on. You promised you are going to drive safely" Aditi said calmly

"And I am still promising you, the accelerator will not even touch the ground when you or anyone else is sitting with me" Dhruv replied leaning forward and placing his hands on Aditi's shoulders

"And you think, I care about everyone else, and not you?" Aditi took Dhruv's hands in hers

"I promise Adi, I am not going to hurt myself in this, but it was required to show Karan his place" Dhruv looked down at Aditi's hands holding his, placed on his thighs, closed his eyes, and firmed his grip on her hands.

I don't know why, but this felt so intimate.

Like he was assuring his Adi, that he will not let anything happen to her Dhruvu.

"I am trusting you with that" Aditi said and Dhruv nodded.