17.

Flau'jae
End of April - breakfast club
location: NYC

"How did this relationship happen, outside of basketball?" Charlamagne asked motioning between Me and Barbie.

"In the summertime it was rough, whew chile, it was rough, I didn't know if she was gone make it. She showing up late, talking trash. I know the team ain't like her because they didn't even want to play with her." Angel spoke.

"I had to tell her like I wanna play with you but you can't talk to everybody else how you talk to me but idk going through the season we just clicked, we got locked in" She added while looking in my eyes and smiling.

I couldn't do none but agree and laugh.

"Why they didn't like you Flau'jae?" Charlamagne asked laughing

"She was late" Angel started

"Hold up Hold up let me tell it, let me really tell you why" I said while laughing

"Man we was playing pick up and I was killing em frfr but im talking trash like talking wet"

"Crazy" Barbie and I said at the same time which made me laugh, we just so in sync it's ridiculous

"As a freshman" Barbie had to let that be known

"Usually freshman don't come in like that, they come in quiet, trying to feel it out, i'm like nah, this my shit like what's going on? and I just had that energy you know what i'm saying"

"Facts" Barbie said as she's watching me speak. She's being real observant of me and I really can't take it. It's finna get hot.

"So Angel told me Flau you gotta tone it down plus I was on my rapper time in the summer, i'm rapping and im hooping so im coming in late, ian got on the right clothes and I had to run the stadiums man"

"Yea them stadiums got her, turned her quick" Angel spoke.

"Do they like you now?" DJ Envy asked

"We love her" Barbie spoke.

She love me?

"Oh yea they love me" I said in gentle tone very appreciative that she said that.

"I can't imagine Angel Reese telling anybody to tone it down" Charlamagne said causing us both to bust out laughing

"How the Bayou Barbie telling people to tone it down" Charlamagne spoke

"Whatchu mean?" Barbie said before turning to look at me.

"I just know when it come to my teammates, I know how to talk but when it's everybody else it's free smoke"

The eye contact we hold is really something special even when it's brief. I always get so mesmerized by her especially when she's in her element during these press events. I really can't take my eyes off of her but I know I can't stare too long.

The conversation was focused on her at this point, talking about the publicity behind her doing the "you can't see me" gesture after Caitlin Clark did it.

DJ Envy asked her about her mental and I can't lie this kind of concerned me cause I didn't know how she was gone answer forreal.

Barbie fasho puts on an image for the public but I know how soft she can be.

"I was happy that we won and got the publicity, we was lit so we was up, I didn't care" She said turning to me and smiling

This made me smile at her cause the way she carries herself even though she has these negative perceptions in the spotlight is something i'm in awe of.