Chapter 1

Isabela Rodriquez was 18 when her family was murdered, her mother, her father, her grandparents, and her older brother

Isabela Rodriquez was 18 when her family was murdered, her mother, her father, her grandparents, and her older brother. Isabela had come back from college for the summer and found her home swarmed with police cars.

Her family was dead, all except her two youngest siblings, Mateo and Elena. Isabela got legal custody over them and she then moved to Arizona, where she finished college to become a doctor, and her siblings were enrolled in school.

Isabela had just finished her shift at the hospital at 5:45am when she got a call from an unknown number. She assumed it was the school calling about something Elena had done.

"Hello?" Isabela asked, unlocking her car and throwing her bag into the passenger seat

"Bella?" The unknown voice asked, a shaking breath was heard from the other side of the phone

"Who is this?" Isabela asked, tensing up at the nickname she hadn't heard in years

"It's Derek" The man said "I know you left Beacon Hills but....I need help, it's a long story but I killed Peter, he was an alpha, he killed Laura and I- now I'm an alpha and I don't know how to be an alpha- I need your help"

"Derek?" Isabela let out a small gasp "Oh my god, okay....uhm. Wait, Laura's dead?"

"Bella, I'll explain it all later. I just- I need you to come back to Beacon Hills and help me" Derek begged "Please" His voice was desperate and Isabela bit the inside of her cheek, weighing her options

"Shit" Isabela mumbled "Uh- okay. Just give me a few days, a-and I'll let you know"

"Thank you" Derek mumbled before hanging up

"Que carajo" Isabela mumbled in shock, staring out her windscreen

After a few minutes on contemplating the sudden and random phone call, Isabela pulled out of the hospital car park and made her way home, just in time to drop her siblings off at school.

"Hey, guys" Isabela smiled as her siblings got in her car "Did you have a good night?"

"Same old" Mateo replied, putting on his seatbelt

"Sounds fun" Isabela smiled sarcastically "Listen, when you come back from school this afternoon, I need to talk to you about something important"

"What is it?" Elena asked from the back

Isabela looked at her through the rear view mirror as he reversed out of the driveway "I'll tell you after school"