The Announcement

CBS3 News

Jim Donovan: New Jersey Assemblywoman Casey Pattinson has announced that she is running for governor.

Cut to video

In a video created by her husband, actor Robert Pattinson, the former news commentator and educator is featured in a video montage ending with the message, "Look out, New Jersey, Mighty Casey is just getting warmed up."

A short time later, Casey Pattinson posted on social media, "It's on! I'm pleased to announce that I'm running for governor of the state I was always proud to call home, New Jersey! Let's make it happen!" She plans on making a formal announcement this afternoon with a visit to Burlington County and we will stream it live on CBSPhiladelphia.com. 

Casey's POV

The announcement is up! Rob ended up directing it since Katie's busy with things regarding Miss New Jersey and what shocked me is he went with Bon Jovi's "We Weren't Born to Follow" as the song of choice. 

I also have a staff already picked out which was easy to do. Stephan left Rider the year before I retired to work with Eric as an aide in his office as a state senator and when he found out I was running, he quickly took the job working as my campaign manager (If I don't win, he's going to be my assistant since I'm going to be working with the charitable foundation more). I also recruited two of my old students, Larkin Davis who just moved back to NJ and Kai Auclair who left Rider around the same time Stephan did. 

The afternoon the video dropped, I'm back home in Delanco where meet with a few friends I have lunch with the whole crew as well as both Kofi and Trey since they grew up in the area at a Mexican place my friend Paloma runs with her son Miguel in Riverside before making my way to where I have the announcement set up.

NBC10

Jacqueline London: It is now official...former MSNBC commentator and current New Jersey Assemblywoman Casey Pattinson is running for governor. The educator who announced her retirement from Rider University three weeks ago launched her campaign online with a video produced by her husband, actor Robert Pattinson who proudly proclaimed, "Look out, New Jersey, Mighty Casey is just getting warmed up.