Victory, Thy Name Is Casey: Part II

CNN Coverage

Anderson Cooper: We are continuing our election night coverage with a look now at the town of Riverside, New Jersey where a short time ago, we saw Pennsylvania senator John Fetterman take to the stage along with Josh Shapiro and Casey Pattinson's nephew Jalen Kelly to break the news to the crowd that Mighty Casey has indeed hit a grand slam.

Cut to video from earlier

The crowd broke out in cheers followed by one unique way of celebrating and that was the singing of "Fly Eagles Fly" which CNN is hearing has been repeated in several New Jersey towns, including a watch party in Governor-elect Pattinson's adopted hometown of Princeton. The Governor Elect is a die-hard Philadelphia Eagles fan and in a post on social media, Eagles legend Jason Kelce who is also a friend of Casey Pattinson's said, "I can't think of any better woman to become governor of New Jersey than one who proudly bleeds Eagles green. Casey, I know you're going to be the leader the Garden State needs. Thank you for being my friend and I will be happily cheering you on as you make your way to Trenton." 

Cut to Anderson

Tonight Casey Pattinson has become the first woman to be elected governor in New Jersey since Christine Todd Whitman and her running mate, Kofi Jones has become the first immigrant and South African to be elected Lt. Governor.

The speeches from both Lt. Governor-elect Jones and Governor-elect Pattinson were delayed due to two supporters who themselves won their races for General Assembly. The campaign wanted to give both Adrian Wright and Trey France the opportunity to speak with supporters and a short time ago, we also learned that Casey Pattinson's older brother, Eric Kelly will be succeeding her in the General Assembly. There is also word that Dr. Kelly is planning on speaking to supporters in Riverside via a video call and his supporters in Princeton will also be able to see the victory speech from Governor-elect Pattinson via jumbo-trons which were set up not just in the heart of Princeton but also on the campus of Rider University where she is not only an alumna but also had a long career as a professor and administrator. 

Sound of crowd cheering

I'm now getting word that Jalen Kelly is taking the stage with incoming 15th district assemblyman Adrian Wright so we're going to now go to the statements. 

Cut to Jalen

Jalen: HELLO, TEAM PATTINSON!

Crowd cheers

This has been one very eventful election and tonight we are on the threshold of victory with a blue wave unlike any other in the Garden State! As many know, we had a slight delay in the announcement since we have two winners from the 15th and 16th districts here that did a video call with their supporters. Before we get started, I would like to right now turn to a special video message from the incoming assemblyman for NJ's 16th District who is joining us via Skype from Princeton, my uncle, Dr. Eric Kelly.

Cut to video call from Eric

Eric: Thank you, Jalen. Tonight we have a victory like no other. Just a short time ago, we heard from NJ Attorney General and now Assemblyman-elect Trey France who declared victory in joining me in the NJ General Assembly this January, filling the seat vacated by the death of Mike DeSoto. As many know, the 16th district will have a first in the Garden State as all three members of the State Legislature will be members of the LGBTQ community. I am taking over for my sister Casey and as everyone knows, I am openly gay as is Trey. We have one of my old students, Caylen Brooks who will become the district's first openly bisexual woman to serve in the State Senate.