Chapter 8: Nothing Fits

Brooklyn POV

I'm about 10 weeks pregnant and only Tess knows. I haven't talked Zack about the pregnancy and I haven't told my parents or anyone at school.

I have thirty minutes till school starts and absolutely nothing to wear. You can't tell I'm pregnant yet, I just look bloated. Tess told me to hide my stomach with sweatshirts but I can't wear sweatshirts every single day. My closet is a complete disaster and I'm nowhere closer to finding something that I can still wear. After going though shirts, tank tops, kamonos, casual dresses, rompers, and everything else I could find, I settle on boyfriend jeans, a plaid shirt, and black vans. Not much better than what I was wearing before but it's a little better than a sweatshirts and yoga pants. It's almost summer break thus it's already hot and sweatshirts were not the best choice.

I get into my newly fixed car, Zack gave me my fixed car back weeks ago, with only ten minutes till 1st period. On the bright side, I have free period so I'm not missing anything important. I get into the parking lot and park in the closest spot I can find to the main entrance. Being pregnant has made me so lazy and extremely tired all the time. I grab my bag and stroll into the library to try to find Tess. We always spend free period in the library since most of the annoying jocks and cheerleaders don't come here. I find Tess at our normal table in the very back corner of the library where no one ever goes.

"Look who finally decided to get out of bed and show up at school." Tess acted so shocked to see me. she knew about me not being able to find anything in my closet that even sort of looked normal on me.

"I spent twenty minutes trying to find something to wear that make me look half decent. Everything I own is either really tight and shows off my 'bloated' stomach or doesn't fit right anymore." All these clothing problems are making me so frustrated and really stressed out.

"You might have to go maternity shopping. Soon people are going to find out that you're pregnant, for most people it's around 14 weeks and you're already 10 week pregnant. People are already getting suspicions with the sweatshirts and you saying your bloated all the time."

"Sadly, you're right. Can you go shopping with me this weekend?" I really don't want to go shopping but Tess is right, sweatshirts can't be the only thing I wear. Tomorrow is Saturday so by Monday I would have some normal clothes.

"Obviously. I would love to! Oh, I love the outfit today, can't tell a thing." Of course Tess would want to go shopping, kind of a stupid question. She loves anything related to clothes, make up, shoes, or the mall.

"Great thanks." The bell rang. Wow we just spent an entire period talking about my pregnancy and clothes. I walk to math and sit in my usual seat in the very back row. None of the teachers ever pay attention to the back therefore naturally I have to sit in the back. Oh no, Zack is walking up to me. What does he want from me now?

"Hey Brooklyn." He said nicely, great he wants something from me and now.

"What do you want?" Recently I've had no patience for anyone's bullshit. Just get to the point people.

"Hello to you too" then he lowered his voice "How are you feeling? How's the baby?"

"We are not talking about the baby at school or probably ever. I have about 7 months to decide if I want you in the baby's life or not. I'm not talking about this now, we can talk later, without people around." I said as I motioned to all the people sitting around, talking to their friends.

"Fine, I'll come over after school. We are not done talking about this." He said a little louder. A few people looked in our direction. Great, attention, thank you so much.

***

I walk to my car thinking about the day. It was a total blur. Zack kept giving me dirty looks, he was not pleased with me at all. Tess and I agreed to meet tomorrow at the mall around noon. I had to deal with Zack in about an hour and I wasn't looking forward to that at all. I parked my car in the drive way and hiked to my room, we have lots of stairs so it's always a workout getting to and from my room. I passed by mirror and backed up. I lifted up my shirt to examine my small bump. I had a tiny baby bump but it was really hard to notice. I liked looking at it sometimes. Knowing I'm bring a poor, innocent baby into this harsh world.

"There's our baby" I jumped, scared to death. I pulled down my shirt at the speed of light.

"What...How did you get in here? What are you doing here" I screamed so loud. Kind of surprised the neighbors weren't running in here to make sure everything is ok.

"Will you stop yelling for five minutes? Your front door was unlocked so I came in, I figured you are in your room so I walked up."

"Learn to knock. What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk about the baby. About us"

"There is no us. Like I told you in math, I have 7 months to decide if I want you in the baby's life or not. I've always dreamed of going to college then getting married then having a baby. You knocked me up, so the smart thing to do is let me decide. What am I supposed to tell my baby, your father wanted to be in your life but then left because he's a player and that's just what he does, moves on to the next girl." By the end my voice was pretty loud. I didn't want to argue but I was really pissed at Zack for destroying my dream.

"It's my baby too!" he shouted. "Yes I was a player but now I got the right girl and she's carrying my beautiful baby girl or boy, there's no reason to leave. I told you I was going to do everything I could to make this easier on you. I know this isn't the most ideal situation however we can make it work. I know we can, together."

He walked across the room, grabbed my waist, pulled me to him, and pressed his lips to mine. I'm shocked for a few seconds then wrap my arms around his neck and start to kiss back. His lips are moist, plum, and so smooth. Our lips move in perfect synchronization. I feel sparks- fireworks when we kiss longer. He licks my bottom lip and without thinking, I open my mouth. He thrusts his tongue into my mouth and wraps around mine. I shiver under his gentle strokes on my neck. His fingers brush up and down my neck, calming me of my worries.

Our kiss is slow, yet very passionate. His hands move from my neck to my thighs, massaging them. I grasp his top due to all the pleasure he exerts on my thighs. I move my hands to the hem of his shirt and pull it over his head, breaking the kiss for only a few seconds. He presses his lips back to mine. He takes my wrist and moving it down from his neck to his stomach. My fingers stretches out when they come to contact with his very muscular stomach. He slides his hand under my shirt and rubs my pregnant belly. A minute later he moves to my back, looking for the clasp of my bra. He tugs on it and it comes undone. His hands travel back to my front and cups one of my breasts, running his finger along the perimeter of my nipple.

After realizing what we are about to do, I pull away from his soft, perfect lips. "Sorry." I look down then remember my bra is open. I reach back and reclasp my bra.

After staring at each other for what felt like years, Zack finally said something "I want to be in our baby's life and I want there to be an us."