Epilogue: 5 Years Later

Brooklyn POV

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Madison, happy birthday to you!" We all sang to my daughter who turned 5 today, while the immature Mike sings "happy birthday to you, you live in a zoo, you look like a monkey, and smell like one too."

Tess and Zack both smacked him on the back of the head while Madison just laughed. This is pretty much how all parties and meals go with this group.

Mike and Tess somehow got together during the our wedding so now they're engaged and have a daughter, Kelsey, the same age as Madison. They've been engaged for years now but still haven't gotten married but they're happy this way.

Zack is now a sports announcer but he mainly is works at BMW as a manager of one of the dealership. He loves being a dad to Madison and that girl has him wrapped around her finger.

I'm currently working on getting my masters degree in psychology. I've been practicing it for a few years now and I absolutely love it, and I'm hoping to get my doctorate degree but who knows what will happen in the next few years. I've decided to counsel couples who've lost their children since that topic is near and dear to my heart. It hurts to hear all those stories but I know I'm making a difference in someones life.

Zack comes up being me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"Hey baby." He whispers in my ear.

"Hey, what's up?"

"How about we renew our vows?"

"What?" I asked completely taken back.

"You heard me, lets renew our vows." He declared.

"I guess we can."

"Great! Let's go!"

"What??? But its currently our daughters birthday party." I'm so confused right now.

"I know. She has plenty of other birthdays." He pulled my arm and took me to the backyard. He covered my eyes with his hands, telling me it was a surprise.

He opened one of the french doors that lead to the outside and took his hands off my eyes. My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets, my backyard was gorgeous, and how I had no idea they were going this amazes me.

 My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets, my backyard was gorgeous, and how I had no idea they were going this amazes me

The lights everywhere were beautiful and ahhh I was just so happy.

Mike decided he was going to officiate the renewal so I was a little scared that he was going to make some kind of inappropriate joke even though there's a bunch of 5 year olds here.

"Ok, Zack my man, you first. What would you like to say to this drop dead gorgeous girl?" Mike asked, winking an eye.

"Well to you, Mike, I would like to say back off, she's my wife. Go flirt with your fiance when we're done here." Tess' face instantly became beet red. "But to my ravishing wife, I want to say thank you. Thank you for sticking by my side during the good times and the bad. Thank you for giving me a family. And thank you for being my wife, I never wanted anyone else but you. You changed me from a player to a real man who's worthy of you. Because of that, I get to have my amazing family and I wouldn't change anything for the world. There is no love without pain, and hurt. Love gives you tears, heart-breaks and everything in between. It twists your soul and crushes your heart until you're incapable of feeling anything for anyone. Love hurts, it breaks you, but its always worth it, I get to fall in love with you everyday of my life. I love you Brooklyn Brody."

"Damn, Brooke good luck beating that." Everyone chuckled after Mike said that.

"Well, if someone told me my freshman year that I was going to fall in love with Mr. Player, aka Zack Brody, got married to him, and created a family with him, I would've laughed  in their face and told them they want to sign in to a mental institute. And now here we are, married and have a family, renewing our vows that we made to each other 5 years ago, and I honestly couldn't be happier because what we created in magical and perfect. I love you Zack and you love me, our love for each other will forever be infinite." I took a breath and Zack wiped the tears off my cheeks that I didn't even know were there, I let the breath go and continued, "I chose you once, and I will keep choosing you over and over. Without a pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat, I'll keep choosing you."